Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Install Instructions

Hi

I'm just looking for the latest install instructions on how to set tasker up with HS3, I've been trying for days and not got it working. I've clearly missed something or misunderstood.

So if you could send me the best method to use, that would be great Thanks

Could you please explain how it's failing?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Perhaps I could ask what I'm trying to do and you could explain what to do in the correct order

I'm wanting to text the words" Open Gate" to a tablet running imperihome, and for tasker to open the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
        Hi

I'm just looking for the latest install instructions on how to set tasker up with HS3, I've been trying for days and not got it working. I've clearly missed something or misunderstood.

So if you could send me the best method to use, that would be great Thanks
        When you run Setup Connection (Run Me), do you at any time get connected?
        If not, something is bad with the connection details could you share all the .dat files and hide sensitive data with ex. ##?
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi,

No I dont, I just get empty dialog boxes, I realise its a connection problem, just lost as to how to fix it... I found another post about altering the files in which I tried to do but I obviously didn't do it correctly

---

hs3_connection.dat
          Chris
          Chris
          #######
          121.99.240.##:####
          on

---

ssid.dat
          Cannon Wifi
          192.168.178.##:####
          off

---

connection_method.dat
          myhs

---

myhs_connection.dat
          Chris
          ####@####
          PWD###
          connected2.homeseer.com
          off

I have tried changing off to on but no change

Comment

Actually Changing to On, Did fix it

Thank You!!!

Comment

just wanted to know... has the latest instruction for this plugin been updated recently? I remember like 5 moths ago it was some king hard to set it up

Comment

I ended up figuring out how to do it via forum posts to be honest...

How far through the setup are you? Have you managed to get the projects info into tasker? (as I found the app to import them didn' work, and that had me stuck for a while)

Comment

I'm trying to install tasker, first on the phone then somehow connect to HS3. But I'm stuck at:
                  In Tasker / HS3 Engine. Run MyHsSetup and enter your logins for MyHomeSeer.
                  It's not a very easy to grasp set of instructions and certainly not an easy screen to navigate.
                  If I at the home screen, then press HS3 Engine, then what? I don't see anything that says MyHsSetup.

Help please even if it is getting pointed to a more current set of instructions.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't remember what I did to get it working. I will see if I cant figure it out tonight for you

Comment

I followed post #5 from Cannon but still show no active profile. Anybody?

One more thing, I "assume" I have to put that long API from my HS3 tasker device to somewhere in my phone, but where? I'm missing something.

Comment

Ok, here's where I'm at? Is the word Android part of username or a separate line? No matter what I do I still do not have a active profile. The same applies for some of the other write screens. Any pointers or suggestions are appreciated.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-095458.png
Views:	175
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	1281001

Comment

+1 anyone, I still can't get to first base. My phone shows "No active profiles"
                          If it's this difficult to set up, I wonder if I should even be trying to use it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_05_18.35.09.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1282592Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_05_18.35.46.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1282593
                            Once installed you need to run the task which says run me. The pop up will appear to insert your details.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman - yes, I saw that. See an earlier post. The question is:
                              Is it Android on one line? Or Android username?

Right now I have my hs3_connection.dat
                              HS username on the first line
                              HS password on the second line
                              192.168.1.35:80 on the third line
                              "on" is there on the fourth line

Then in the myhs_connection.dat
                              HS username on the first line
                              HS password on the second line
                              "connected2.homeseer.com" on the third line
                              "on" is there on the fourth line

Those are the only two write files I have messed with.

Suggestion??

Comment

Working...
                              X