Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autoremote local connection enabled!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Autoremote local connection enabled!

    I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this now. I have been running the HS Tasker plugin for a long time without issues. Just recently my Android phone is now continuously popping up an AutoRemote notification "Autoremote local connection enabled! Can receive messages via Wifi"

    I also now get a flash notification on the phone that shows the 'raw' string that is being sent from the HS Tasker plugin.

    Again, this just started for some reason. My Tasker setup has not been changed in some time.

    Thanks!


  • #2
    Originally posted by tamu View Post
    I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this now. I have been running the HS Tasker plugin for a long time without issues. Just recently my Android phone is now continuously popping up an AutoRemote notification "Autoremote local connection enabled! Can receive messages via Wifi"

    I also now get a flash notification on the phone that shows the 'raw' string that is being sent from the HS Tasker plugin.

    Again, this just started for some reason. My Tasker setup has not been changed in some time.

    Thanks!
    Hello Tamu, maybe if the author of autoremote have change anything but you can turn off these toast messages in autoremote.

    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

    Comment


    • #3
      I was experiencing this same issue and modified the HS3 Engine Profile called Activate Local Connection, Wifi Connected (the first Profile) to check if Autoremote Wifi services is already running, and only run the task if it's not.

      To do this add AutoRemote Query task as step 1, and in the AutoRemote Wifi task expand the "If" section and add the variable %arservicewifi and the value "false" (without quotes).

      The Toast message no longer pops up every 2 minutes

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jdee View Post
        I was experiencing this same issue and modified the HS3 Engine Profile called Activate Local Connection, Wifi Connected (the first Profile) to check if Autoremote Wifi services is already running, and only run the task if it's not.

        To do this add AutoRemote Query task as step 1, and in the AutoRemote Wifi task expand the "If" section and add the variable %arservicewifi and the value "false" (without quotes).

        The Toast message no longer pops up every 2 minutes
        Hi jdee, thank you for sharing ideas.
        %arservicewifi, I did not find it as a public variable from Tasker.
        When is arservicewifi set and from what, could you reefer to any documention?
        I Google it but did not find any result.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tonlof View Post

          Hi jdee, thank you for sharing ideas.
          %arservicewifi, I did not find it as a public variable from Tasker.
          When is arservicewifi set and from what, could you reefer to any documention?
          I Google it but did not find any result.
          Please see: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php...es.30/#post-81 and last post by the developer mentions Use the AutoRemote Query action to get the status.

          I added AutoRemote Query task to your profile and the information mentions the variable %arservicewifi (see screenshot). After adding this task all the variables part of Autoremote Query are available to select as a condition (that is how I could use variable %arservicewifi).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112_091159_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1339416

          However, I have changed again.... I couldn't see any reason why you check for wifi status every 2 minutes.
          So, I have removed the Activate Local Connection command that polls every 2 minutes and left the Wifi Connected with conditions of my two SSID's that I can connect to at home (5GHz and 2.4GHZ).
          Your AutoRemote Wifi command remains as it was for the Entry task (I removed my AutoRemote Query task), and added an Exit Command that turns off AutoRemote Wifi (this will happen automatically when I'm away from my Wifi network). Screenshots below if it helps.

          Is there any reason you included the poll of every 2 minutes?


          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112_092251_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1339417

          Enter Task:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112_092306_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1339418
          Exit Task:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112_092317_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1339419

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jdee View Post

            However, I have changed again.... I couldn't see any reason why you check for wifi status every 2 minutes.
            Hi and thank you for the details.
            The reason behind is that some people are using autoremote local service instead of clound service. The problem was that in some android updates the wifi went to sleep and the connection timed out. The 2 minute poll was to keep the wifi wake for incomming packages through local ip connection to the Autoremote local webserver. If autoremote cloud service is used the is absolutly no need for this recuring event.
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

            Comment

            Working...
            X