Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasker install wont work for me!

Hi All,
    No expert with this web related stuff, so probably something simple!

I have spent all afternoon trying to setup tasker on my phone.
    So firstly, sorry Tony reading the documention I have to open tasker and select menu and Untick Beginner Mode.
    It would appear Beginner Mode no longer exists within Tasker (latest release notes) I think.
    Next as I understand press the "Home icon" and select "Import". What should happen here?
    Next "exit" tasker. So far so good I think.
    Next download setup.tasker4hs3. Downloaded this to my mobile presume this is correct, pressed the app button. What should I see?
    Went back to Tasker home import, screen shows "Tasker/projects/" it does nothing else but does give an error "Error bad filename".
    After Unistalling / Reinstalling Tasker / setup.tasker4hs3 3 or 4 times I have given up.
    Very frustrating.
    Not knowing anything about this does the phone need to be on the same network as the HS3 machine? At the moment I am no where near the HS3 machine.
    Really would appreciate some help here as I expect everybody else got it to work first go so feeling like a bit of a idiot.

Peter

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
    Hi All,
    No expert with this web related stuff, so probably something simple!

I have spent all afternoon trying to setup tasker on my phone.
    So firstly, sorry Tony reading the documention I have to open tasker and select menu and Untick Beginner Mode.
    It would appear Beginner Mode no longer exists within Tasker (latest release notes) I think.
    Next as I understand press the "Home icon" and select "Import". What should happen here?
    Next "exit" tasker. So far so good I think.
    Next download setup.tasker4hs3. Downloaded this to my mobile presume this is correct, pressed the app button. What should I see?
    Went back to Tasker home import, screen shows "Tasker/projects/" it does nothing else but does give an error "Error bad filename".
    After Unistalling / Reinstalling Tasker / setup.tasker4hs3 3 or 4 times I have given up.
    Very frustrating.
    Not knowing anything about this does the phone need to be on the same network as the HS3 machine? At the moment I am no where near the HS3 machine.
    Really would appreciate some help here as I expect everybody else got it to work first go so feeling like a bit of a idiot.

Peter

Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear that you have problem to install. Tasker itself have a high learning curve but when you learn it it's amazing app.
    Thank you for the info about beginner mode, I'm working on a new better installation process but I'm not there yet. Meanwhile I hope we can solve your issues here.
    When you press the home icon and select Import, do you see any files here. If not, have you run the Tasker helper app from Android market? This app download a zipfile with needed files and extract them to tasker folder.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post

Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear that you have problem to install. Tasker itself have a high learning curve but when you learn it it's amazing app.
      Thank you for the info about beginner mode, I'm working on a new better installation process but I'm not there yet. Meanwhile I hope we can solve your issues here.
      When you press the home icon and select Import, do you see any files here. If not, have you run the Tasker helper app from Android market? This app download a zipfile with needed files and extract them to tasker folder.
      Hi again, if you don't mind you may test the new method I'm working on. Be sure to make a full backup of Tasker if you have your own data added.
      Just open following links in your phone and accept all question, if all goes as planned you should have everything imported in Tasker.
      For everybody else who want to test, be sure to make a full backup of your tasker.
      If you already have HS3 installed in Tasker you may get import error for some sceens, you may delete the sceens import complains about.

HS3 Engine (Mandatory)
      https://goo.gl/6jYfzA

HS3 Addon (Mandatory)
      https://goo.gl/m4XWAa

HS3 Samples (Optional)
      https://goo.gl/w6mrpv

--
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi Tony,
        Please don't apologise, as I say probably something I have missed.
        Not sure about what happens when I unistall, does it remove everything so I can do a fresh install. Is there any chance of something being left behind?
        When I press the "import" all I see is "Tasker/projects/".
        I have run the "Tasker helper app" but have no idea whether it has run correctly or if at all. Is there any way of telling it is done?
        Will uninstall all again.
        So starting with Tasker freshly installed but with no "Tasker helper app" I press 3 dots and import. Then exit Tasker from the menu.
        Then download and install setup.tasker4hs3, tap the app to run.
        How long should I leave the app running and do I need to do anything else with the app?
        After this open Tasker and press "Import" hopefully see some projects.
        Have I got this right as this is where I do not see any projects.

Peter

Comment

Hi Tony,
          Please don't apologise, as I say probably something I have missed.
          Not sure about what happens when I unistall, does it remove everything so I can do a fresh install. Is there any chance of something being left behind?
          When I press the "import" all I see is "Tasker/projects/".
          I have run the "Tasker helper app" but have no idea whether it has run correctly or if at all. Is there any way of telling it is done?
          Will uninstall all again.
          So starting with Tasker freshly installed but with no "Tasker helper app" I press 3 dots and import. Then exit Tasker from the menu.
          Then download and install setup.tasker4hs3, tap the app to run.
          How long should I leave the app running and do I need to do anything else with the app?
          After this open Tasker and press "Import" hopefully see some projects.
          Have I got this right as this is where I do not see any projects.

Peter
          The import should be done within few second and you should see a short message on screen that import is done.
          I think something goes wrong with the extraction of the files from zipfile, it can be checked by a file editor.

Try the other solution in previos post that replace Tasker help app. Just open the link on your Android device in any webbrowser. It will start the import to Tasker.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

FIXED,
            Hi Tony,
            Didn't try the new version but 2 things. Kept on with the method from the documentation.
            Firstly needed to be logged in to my google account on the phone, probably obvious when you think about it.
            Secondly when I downloaded the "Tasker helper app" instead of closing the page and tapping the app to run I simply hit the "open" button and hey presto message came up to say zips were done.
            All is now good, so many thanks for all your help.
            The clue was having to do it quickly.

Peter

Comment

Hi Tony,
              Not quite fixed I fear as I cannot see the "Engine" profile. Will wait until tomorrow. Did get a chance to try your new method, seemed to be much better but errored when I tried to download "Engine" profile. Something REF alreeady exists, bit quick for me to read.

Keep you posted.
              Peter

Comment

--
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

OK

Still having trouble installing the update engine. Watched the video.

Shows downloading Tasker. Fine got that done.

As for the next bit no idea.
                  At 00.35 in the video you are just presented with the HS3 engine.

My question is. How do you get to it. Please be kind enough to perhaps provide very basic steps Please,

I have these links.

HS3 Engine (Mandatory)

HS3 Addon (Mandatory)

HS3 Samples (Optional)

The first one gives me images of guns!

Peter

Comment

OK

Still having trouble installing the update engine. Watched the video.

Shows downloading Tasker. Fine got that done.

As for the next bit no idea.
                    At 00.35 in the video you are just presented with the HS3 engine.

My question is. How do you get to it. Please be kind enough to perhaps provide very basic steps Please,

I have these links.

HS3 Engine (Mandatory)

HS3 Addon (Mandatory)

HS3 Samples (Optional)

The first one gives me images of guns!

Peter
                    Hi Peter, just open the url in ex. chrome, firefox, edge etc in your Android device.
                    Let me know how it works, I'm currently traveling and have poor internet but will try to check when it give me opertunity.
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi Tony,
                      Managed to get everything installed.

For some reason not known to me it was google causing all the trouble!
                      Installed Firefox and everything worked on the first attempt.

Anyway thank you for all your very prompt help, very much appreciated.
                      So here is a quick question.
                      How many devices can the plugin run on? I have a couple more android devices although they are V4.2.

Peter

Comment

I have tried the link above... but when I click it and try to install the package, I get a message asking for "Do Not Disturb" permission. But, my android device doesn't have this setting.

Comment

Working...
                        X