Setup - Autoremote wrong URL format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for working on this, tonlof.

I just tried this version, but I'm afraid I still couldn't get any further. When trying to select "autoremote.joaoapps.com/" in the dropdown and enter my autoremote key in the input field, I still get the "Misstyped URL" error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	clip1.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1300478

Name:	clip2.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1300479
    I took great care to ensure I pasted in the whole key and no other/extra characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Husmann View Post
      Thank you for working on this, tonlof.

I just tried this version, but I'm afraid I still couldn't get any further. When trying to select "autoremote.joaoapps.com/" in the dropdown and enter my autoremote key in the input field, I still get the "Misstyped URL" error:

Name:	clip1.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1300478

Name:	clip2.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1300479
      I took great care to ensure I pasted in the whole key and no other/extra characters.
      What happens if you browse to https://autoremote.joaoapps.com/your key in a webbrowser. Do you get a long API key in the url?
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Sorry, I'm not enirely sure what you mean.

My key is already long, 152 chars to be exact. Browsing to https://autoremote.joaoapps.com/MYKEY only gives me an error; "Dynamic link not found". However, the following link works: https://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/?key=MYKEY. This gives me a web page where I can send messages to my android device. This works as it should, and the messages are received by my Android unit and Tasker reacts to the message as it should. (Waking the screen f.i.)

Comment

Sorry, I'm not enirely sure what you mean.

My key is already long, 152 chars to be exact. Browsing to https://autoremote.joaoapps.com/MYKEY only gives me an error; "Dynamic link not found". However, the following link works: https://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/?key=MYKEY. This gives me a web page where I can send messages to my android device. This works as it should, and the messages are received by my Android unit and Tasker reacts to the message as it should. (Waking the screen f.i.)
          Hi, the ID you should enter in the tasker plugin textbox is the ID right of https://autoremote.joaoapps.com, the length of ID should be around 17 characters,
          Attached Files
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks again, Tonlof.
            I can confirm that when using the short version of my key a new Tasker device was successfully added.

Comment

Thanks again, Tonlof.
              I can confirm that when using the short version of my key a new Tasker device was successfully added.
              Hei Husmann, thats perfect, do you have any idea how I can improve the instruction/layout so this does not happens to others?
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hm.. Not sure. In my case I simply had forgotten that there was a short versjon of this key which I initially got in an email as part of what they called "your personal URL".

Perhaps a more inormative help text around here somewhere:

Name:	clip3.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1300564
                ...maybe something like "(From your personal URL. Around 17 characters)".

This would at least point my brain in the right direction.

Comment

Hm.. Not sure. In my case I simply had forgotten that there was a short versjon of this key which I initially got in an email as part of what they called "your personal URL".

Perhaps a more inormative help text around here somewhere:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	clip3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1300564
                  ...maybe something like "(From your personal URL. Around 17 characters)".

This would at least point my brain in the right direction.
                  I did some changes, the info change when selecting dropdown field.
                  Attached Files
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I think that's a great way of doing it! Good work, thanks.

Comment

I think that's a great way of doing it! Good work, thanks.
                      You can find the plugin in beta section.
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

hi tonlof , any estimate when will this funcitonality be in stable release?
                        I am hitting the same issue, and would like to avoid going to beta then to stable again (I actually never did it, perhaps is very easy to do?)

Comment

Originally posted by dakipro View Post
                          hi tonlof , any estimate when will this funcitonality be in stable release?
                          I am hitting the same issue, and would like to avoid going to beta then to stable again (I actually never did it, perhaps is very easy to do?)
                          Hi Dakipro, there is still an issue at author of autoremote for their domain certificate and I have been waiting for a fix. The stable version will be replaced with beta version so it should not be any problem to swap between them.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks, I switched to beta and all is working as it should. Awesome plugin I must say, you did quite a lot (of god) to get it to work as it should.
                            I love tasker and use it a lot, but it is quite so fiddly to achieve good results with it, making me lose interest when I want to do something. This plugin takes huge pain out of it.
                            I will soon try to actually integrate it with home seer, I would like tasker to each night set the next alarm time (and date) into homeseer, which will then do the entire morning routine, timing it to the alarm set for the day (and do other things when there is no alarm etc)

Comment

Originally posted by dakipro View Post
                              Thanks, I switched to beta and all is working as it should. Awesome plugin I must say, you did quite a lot (of god) to get it to work as it should.
                              I love tasker and use it a lot, but it is quite so fiddly to achieve good results with it, making me lose interest when I want to do something. This plugin takes huge pain out of it.
                              I will soon try to actually integrate it with home seer, I would like tasker to each night set the next alarm time (and date) into homeseer, which will then do the entire morning routine, timing it to the alarm set for the day (and do other things when there is no alarm etc)
                              Sounds great, I have so many improvements and ideas in queue but unfortunately my work takes so much of my energy. Tooken instead of myhs username/password stored in Tasker will probably be in next release.
                              --
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post

Hi, the ID you should enter in the tasker plugin textbox is the ID right of https://autoremote.joaoapps.com, the length of ID should be around 17 characters,
                                The box in the plugin starts with http://goo.gl// It fails if I add the key after the goo.gl and also if I replace the whole thing with the joaoapps url and key. I don't any drop down box to switch from goo.gl to autoremote.joaoapps.... Maylbe the dropdown box exists in the beta version, but it fails to install after multiple tries.

Comment

Working...
                                X