X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notify when speaking to Android phone

Tasker on my phone got an update.
    Now on every tts from HS I get a notification on my phone:
    Tasker has posted a notification using the "notify" action.The "Category" on this action has not been set. The Notification will still be shown however you might not be able to adjust some of its properties from Android settings. Tap -Here- for more info.
    Is it save to click on "stop reminding", or do I need to do more then that?
    And If I click on stop reminding, will that only stop this notification, or all notifications?
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
    Tasker on my phone got an update.
    Now on every tts from HS I get a notification on my phone:
    Tasker has posted a notification using the "notify" action.The "Category" on this action has not been set. The Notification will still be shown however you might not be able to adjust some of its properties from Android settings. Tap -Here- for more info.
    Is it save to click on "stop reminding", or do I need to do more then that?
    And If I click on stop reminding, will that only stop this notification, or all notifications?
    You turn the notifications ON/OFF within Autoremote settings if it's a pop up one that you are on about.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

On one of my Android tablets, I went in and set the category (there was only one choice, "User Notification"). On my other devices, I just set "Stop Reminding". Did not seem to make any difference between the devices.

Comment

After posting the above, I was reading the Tasker forum, and a thread further describing this new feature. It is an Android forced change, starting with Android 8.0. All notifications must be assigned to a category (also called a channel), and the user can then change the visual and audio behavior of that category/channel, outside of the application. In fact, it removes the application's ability to modify the notification behavior at all, leaving it up to the user to set it externally.

According to that thread, if you leave the notification category blank, Tasker defaults it to "User Notification" anyway. So I do not think turning off that reminder will be detremental. But it also looks like if you want to have different noises for different Tasker notifications, you will need to start applying notfication categories to your Tasker notifications.

Comment

Working...
        X