Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with %HSdata?

I'm trying to figure out the "Get Location" command from HS

Let me see if I get this workflow right...
    1) Request "Get Location" originates on HS via tasker plugin phone device... -- request sent to phone via autoremote.
    2) Tasker (HS3 Engine / Receiver for HS3 Tasker Push) picks up the request, and executes the command passed. In this case "GPS"
    3) Tasker executes "GPS" which gathers information and sets %HSdata to a long string of values... and sets the %HSCommand to "GETGPS"
    4) Tasker executes "HS3Post" and request appears to go back to HS3...
    5) ??? I don't see anything happen. What should happen? What happens to %HSData? What should the final result of "Get Location" be?

Bonus question:
    Generally speaking on any request from the phone that sets "%HSdata" -- where does that data go once it gets to HS? How can I capture and use that data in an event?

Originally posted by mjgtp View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the "Get Location" command from HS

Let me see if I get this workflow right...
    1) Request "Get Location" originates on HS via tasker plugin phone device... -- request sent to phone via autoremote.
    2) Tasker (HS3 Engine / Receiver for HS3 Tasker Push) picks up the request, and executes the command passed. In this case "GPS"
    3) Tasker executes "GPS" which gathers information and sets %HSdata to a long string of values... and sets the %HSCommand to "GETGPS"
    4) Tasker executes "HS3Post" and request appears to go back to HS3...
    5) ??? I don't see anything happen. What should happen? What happens to %HSData? What should the final result of "Get Location" be?

Bonus question:
    Generally speaking on any request from the phone that sets "%HSdata" -- where does that data go once it gets to HS? How can I capture and use that data in an event?

Hi, it was used to upload cordinates to http://updates.opengps.net based on device imei but it looks like their website is gone
    HSdata includes all GPS data like IMEI,Cordinats, Accuracy,Altitude,Location Fix Secs, Speed, Latitude, Longitude

Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Can I use this data and send it back to HS? -- or can you only just set device values or strings? (and have events then fire on those values set stuff accordingly). It's starting to feel like I need to have a "bucket" virtual device that I can set its value from tasker, and the events fire on that being populated.

Comment

Working...
      X