Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tasker stopped controlling HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tasker stopped controlling HS3

    I have some tasks that control virtual devices in HS3. Has worked for a long long time. I did not change password or anything. The tasks run fine without error, but the HS3 devices do not change. If I use HS mobile, I can change the devices.
    Its the same on my wife's phone. It stopped working a couple of days ago.

  • #2
    You are going to have to supply much more information in order for anyone to guess a solution. I would like to know how you are controlling the virtual switches from Tasker. Are you using a plugin, or are you using an HTTP JSON request?

    Comment


    • #3
      I am using the tasker HS3 plugin.

      I use the command %HSCommand to 'event name'

      I just tried running the HS3 tasker PI setup again. Locally it connects and I can control HS3. I cannot connect via myhomeseer. I get failed to connect. My password and user name is correct. Its the same I use to log in on the myhs website. (and which always worked)

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Mikee, open webbrowser and browse to https://connected2.homeseer.com use same credentials as you using for myhs in Tasker and see if you can enter your system.

        Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        I am using the tasker HS3 plugin.

        I use the command %HSCommand to 'event name'

        I just tried running the HS3 tasker PI setup again. Locally it connects and I can control HS3. I cannot connect via myhomeseer. I get failed to connect. My password and user name is correct. Its the same I use to log in on the myhs website. (and which always worked)
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tonlof View Post
          Hi Mikee, open webbrowser and browse to https://connected2.homeseer.com use same credentials as you using for myhs in Tasker and see if you can enter your system.


          Yes that works. But it redirects me to ...connected22.homeseer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

            Yes that works. But it redirects me to ...connected22.homeseer
            It may be a HS issue, I found same issue for other plugins. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...on-of-geofency

            Temporary you may try to change 3:rd line in myhs_connection.dat in tasker folder from connected2.homeseer.com to connected22.homeseer.com
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

            Comment


            • #7
              I edited the myhs_connection.dat, but although it says it saved the changes, when I open the file again its still connected2

              I managed to edit it, but still no joy

              I think I am starting to narrow down the problem. My PHlocation (which is installed but not really use) has stopped updating on the 10th, so about the same time tasker stopped working. That is also using connected2. After I changed that to 22, it started working. So the way I edited the myhs...dat file was wrong. I edited on notepad on a PC, and then sent it back to my phone and replaced the file in the tasker directory. I should probably edit it on the phone, but not sure which program to use as the docs app does not save the changes, word says wrong format and would not open it at all

              Comment


              • #8
                I thought the problem was with connected2 as other people reported problems. But that is working now, my egigeozone reports to HS3 without issues. Tasker is still not working. I deleted the myhs_connection.dat and ran setup again. Failed to connect to HS3. Locally its working fine.

                Comment

                Working...
                X