No announcement yet.

help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You keep saying to import the files into tasker. As I've said several times,I can't import into tasker. When i try tasker gives me a message saying import failed a project with this name already exists. I have to somehow get rid of the project BEFORE I can import. If I uninstall and reinstall tasker, won't I lose all of the tasks, etc that I've set up in tasker? That would take me months to fix. And I assume if I backup, uninstall, then restore I'd be right back where I am now since that is exactly what I did when I installed tasker on my new phone.

Comment

Please post here a screenshot of what you are doing .

TIP : Before you delete, touch and hold the Tasker Home but in the bottom left corner image below and choose import Tasker Projects. That will take you straight to where the four file are located. When finished importing the files go to Tasker's settings/data the Restore to get your settings back.

Delete only the Tasker HS3 projects and re import them as described in my previous post. (You can also save the entire Tasker folder elsewhere before you install again)

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

screenshots attached:
        tasker 1: tasker screen showing tabs at bottom of screen
        long press on one of the tabs and get
        tasker 2: tasker screen showing menu that comes up from
        the above long press. From this menu I choose
        import project
        tasker 3: screen showing projects to import. I choose of
        of these HS3 projects
        tasker 4: screen showing error message when I try to import

Click image for larger version

Name:	tasker1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1366405Click image for larger version

Name:	tasker2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1366406Click image for larger version

Name:	tasker4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1366407Click image for larger version

Name:	tasker3.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1366408

Comment

Cut all the files you see in the last screenshot and put them on your desktop. Then use the HS3 Tasker app to download the project again. For theTasks, don't touch because you put a lot of time creating them. But even if wipe the phone as long as you have Tasker auto Google backup, everything is recreated as before with the exception of the missing plugins and may be icons.
          When you re install the Tasker project files and go back into your Tasks, if you see an exclamation mark triangle just touch and it will open up Google Play exactly where the missing app is located for you to download.
          Now for the icons which appear in the rest of your screens if they are still in the same folder where you picked them Tasker will restore them.

NOTE : I have done this numerous times including restoring my Tasker settings to my tablet and just delete out the profiles I don't want on the tablet. And also remember that when you delete the Tasker profiles, the Tasks stay behind and you can reuse them when ever!

Eman.

Comment

I still can't make sense out of what you are telling me to do.
            1. cut all the files in the last screen shot and put them on desktop:
            I've deleted these several times and reinstalled with the HS3 Tasker app and I get the same import error message shown in my previous post.
            Are you seriolusly saying something will be different if these files are on my desktop? Makes no sense.
            2. If you are seriously suggesting that I wipe my phone to fix this issue, there is no way I'm doing that.
            3. If you are saying I should wipe tasker and start over, there is no way I'm doing that.
            4. If you are saying I should backup tasker, uninstall it and then restore, that won't help. That's how I got tasker on this phone (backing up on old phone,
            restoring on new phone). That will just give me the same situation that I have now.
            So you have been giving me unclear directions for days now. Is there someone else I can talk to to fix this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
              3. If you are saying I should wipe tasker and start over, there is no way I'm doing that.
              @eman
              NOTE : I have done this numerous times including restoring my Tasker settings to my tablet and just delete out the profiles I don't want on the tablet. And also remember that when you delete the Tasker profiles, the Tasks stay behind and you can reuse them when ever!
              Am sorry to not have been successful in helping you.

Over now.

Eman.

Comment

I have deleted everything I could find using your file explorer program that seems to be related to tasker and HS3. But when I try to import I still get a message saying there is already a project with that name. I see no way to delete a project in tasker. I found nothing about file locations in the document you referenced above. Still need help to get running.
                Thanx
                Hi, that is because you probably have some left overs in task/profiles or scenes.
                Try to delete them manually that not belongs to your own projects, exit tasker and try to import again.
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I still can't make sense out of what you are telling me to do.
                  1. cut all the files in the last screen shot and put them on desktop:
                  I've deleted these several times and reinstalled with the HS3 Tasker app and I get the same import error message shown in my previous post.
                  Are you seriolusly saying something will be different if these files are on my desktop? Makes no sense.
                  2. If you are seriously suggesting that I wipe my phone to fix this issue, there is no way I'm doing that.
                  4. If you are saying I should backup tasker, uninstall it and then restore, that won't help. That's how I got tasker on this phone (backing up on old phone,
                  restoring on new phone). That will just give me the same situation that I have now.
                  So you have been giving me unclear directions for days now. Is there someone else I can talk to to fix this problem?
                  Hi, Eman is just a very friendly and helpful user that have been very nice to help out.
                  This is a user forum where users can help and share ideas.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Am sorry to not have successful in helping you.

Over now.

Eman.
                    You tried and it's always appreciated, thank you
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

ditto, thanx

Comment

Working...
                      X