Beginner help needed to control HS3 devices from tasker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner help needed to control HS3 devices from tasker

I'm looking for a simple straight forward way to change a virtual switch or device (like a light) within Homeseer from tasker.

For the past 5 years I've been using the "launch scene" plugin within tasker for imperihome. Unfortunately imperihome did an update about a month ago and now that doesn't work anymore.

Can anyone help me out? I use this to tell the house when I'm gone or going to sleep or waking up or home etc.... I don't care about controlling my phone from HS3 I want my phone to control HS3 devices.

Thank you for your help in advance!

I've got the connection going using the tasker plugin, and I'm able to get a toast message to pop-up when I send controls from HS3, but I'm looking to simply control HS3 devices from tasker can someone walk me through how exactly to setup a task within tasker to change a virtual switch from off to on?

You can see in the screenshot a toast message shows that the connection is working.

Comment

Originally posted by whoamib View Post
      I've got the connection going using the tasker plugin, and I'm able to get a toast message to pop-up when I send controls from HS3, but I'm looking to simply control HS3 devices from tasker can someone walk me through how exactly to setup a task within tasker to change a virtual switch from off to on?

You can see in the screenshot a toast message shows that the connection is working.
      Can you go to Tasker settings (preferences) and enable "Allow External Access"

And don't add anything to the HS3 Engine projects. Create yours in the "HS3 My Own"

The how to :
      Create tasker task.

Variable Set, %HSSetdevicestring to Hello

Variable Set, %HSSetdevicevalue to 500

Variable Set, % HsRef to 39 (When HsRef get focus it will trigger broadcast to hs3.)

This document : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ro96vbdGc/edit

And some examples (old but may still apply) here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...-tasker-plugin

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
      X