%HSSetdevicevalue in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%HSSetdevicevalue in HS4

Hello. I am trying to set a Tasker device in Homeseer from Tasker on my tablet via AutoRemote. %HsRef and %HSSetdevicestring works as expected, but the device does not update the Device Value with %HSSetdevicevalue when I am using the %BATT replacement value.

This picture shows the Homeseer log when using %BATT and shows that the right value is transferred from the tablet to the Tasker PI.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HSLog BATT.png Views:	0 Size:	189.0 KB ID:	1446954

But the device value does not update. In this picture it is "stuck" at 11.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TabletDevice.png Views:	0 Size:	284.1 KB ID:	1446955

I don't know why the devicevalue entry shows up twice.

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong?
    Attached Files

%HSSetdevicestring to %BATT or Try here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...lugin?t=174452

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      %HSSetdevicestring to %BATT or Try here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...lugin?t=174452

Eman.
      %HSSetdevicestring - %BATT works as expected, but that does not change the value (which I then can attach different status images to).

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post

%HSSetdevicestring - %BATT works as expected, but that does not change the value (which I then can attach different status images to).
        • %HSSetdevicestring to: Battery Status
        • %HSSetdevicevalue to : %BATT
        • %HsRef to : your device (The virtual device in HS you want to receive the value)
        • %HSCommand to : DeviceUpdate

Eman.

Comment

• %HSSetdevicestring to: Battery Status
          • %HSSetdevicevalue to : %BATT
          • %HsRef to : your device (The virtual device in HS you want to receive the value)
          • %HSCommand to : DeviceUpdate

Eman.
          Yes. I understand this, but what I am trying to say is that %HSSetdevicevalue to : %BATT does NOT update the value of my device. The device string is set on correct device.

Comment

Yes. I understand this, but what I am trying to say is that %HSSetdevicevalue to : %BATT does NOT update the value of my device. The device string is set on correct device.
            The Profile (event) in Tasker is supposed to be based on Battery Changed and Time say every 5mins

Eman.

Comment

The Profile (event) in Tasker is supposed to be based on Battery Changed and Time say every 5mins

Eman.
              I don't think the profile in Tasker has anything to do with this. The device string on the virtual device in homeseer is updatet every 10min as it should.

I rather think this has something to do with virtual devices in HS4. The virtual device I have created is v4 and hence I should just create Status/Graphic. Doing that my virtual device value does not get updated. But if I create both a Status/Control and a Status/Graphic on the virtual device. The value does get updated. The downside to this is that I get a set of controls that I don't need on the virtual device.

Comment

I don't think the profile in Tasker has anything to do with this. The device string on the virtual device in homeseer is updatet every 10min as it should.

I rather think this has something to do with virtual devices in HS4. The virtual device I have created is v4 and hence I should just create Status/Graphic. Doing that my virtual device value does not get updated. But if I create both a Status/Control and a Status/Graphic on the virtual device. The value does get updated. The downside to this is that I get a set of controls that I don't need on the virtual device.
                In that case you will have to swap the virtual string for the value

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46375.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1447128

Eman

Comment

In that case you will have to swap the virtual string for the value

Eman
                  Sorry. Now you lost me. Is this image "before" or "after". This is exactly how my Tasker task is set up (changed the device ref obviously).

Comment

Working...
                  X