HS4 text to speech event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 text to speech event?

How do you do a text to speech event in HS4 tasker plug in inst available in drop down. If i go to control a device I can go to my device and select text to speech but it doesn't allow me to enter any text for it to speak. The text to speech works fine from the device in HS4 itself, just cant get an event setup.

Although I would have wanted tonlof to answer this himself (we haven't seen anything from him lately...) Let's hope he's well...
    • Have you gone through the process of installing the HS3 Engine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx2v5ltVuYU on your Android Device (This is all the Wizardry)
    • The first few posts at the Tasker Forum will help you a lot (all your questions have been answered before...unless otherwise)
    • Break it down in small chunks because sometimes Tasker may seem daunting but cool when you connect the dots.
    • including adding AutoRemote then your devices should appear in HomeSeer as the in image below :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tasker.png Views:	0 Size:	374.9 KB ID:	1486022

So break it down, where you got stuck and what have done so far...

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hey Eman thanks for the response I have everything installed and it all works fine. The issue I am having is specifically with events I don't see the plug in as a choice like it was in hs3. I can find my device under the control a device option and even select text to speech as an option in the event but it never populates an input withing the event to enter what you want to be said. Outside the event from the device itself I have the input and everything works fine. Any ideas?

Comment

That would equate to screen mirroring, that you can edit Text To Speech a remote Android device... Stopping the speaker client, yes text to speech can be done on the device itself...May be you mean Listening Mode...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Text To Speech.png
Views:	224
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1486206

Originally posted by ajachierno View Post
        Hey Eman thanks for the response I have everything installed and it all works fine. The issue I am having is specifically with events I don't see the plug in as a choice like it was in hs3. I can find my device under the control a device option and even select text to speech as an option in the event but it never populates an input withing the event to enter what you want to be said. Outside the event from the device itself I have the input and everything works fine. Any ideas?
        When you enable the speech proxy, it just works like HomeSeer. All you pick are the clients (Android). In HomeSeer settings I just enable all clients...
        • Now if you wish for a client (Android) turned off, say at bed time then you create an Event for that and so on...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tasker Speech.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1486044

Tip : You can channel the audio (Main Tablet {Wall Mounted}) to Zone Source 1 if you have a multi Zone Amp so you don't have to create complex events...

And for stay at home devices like a wall mounted Tablet set as below :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tasker Stay at Home.png Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	1486045

And below is my Event to Speak Time (Don't mind the json {kodi}, It's for if Kodi was running on the Tablet) :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Speak Time.png Views:	0 Size:	392.7 KB ID:	1486054

And more settings in HomeSeer :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tasker Speech 2.png Views:	0 Size:	181.3 KB ID:	1486051

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks Eman, that got it working one note for if anyone else trying to get it up and running my device didn't populate as a speaker client to select but took a shot in the dark and it worked this is the format you can enter manually fopr the speaker cilent (TASKER:S20) where S20 is the name of my device.

Comment

Working...
          X