Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrate Android Tasker with Homeseer (Old Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call/Phone state

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Hi Eman, can you elaborate your question a bit more, did not really understand.
    Hi Tony,
    What I meant here is when the phone is ringing it sends Homeseer a signal and who (number) is calling but what I don't know is that if this condition is active say:- (1) For the duration of the call (2) What happens when the phone becomes idle and (3) when the phone is off the hook ie: when you pick up the phone and call someone

You can create all these conditions inside tasker but how would you have these phone states sent to Homeseer from Tasker using your plugin?
    If you recall a while back I asked you about Eventghost integration but this is another way of asking the same question but without Eventghost. Why? Because your plugin is already doing Phone is ringing and incoming SMS

Some cool example if you had music or video (Kodi or your AMP) playing loud you would AUTOMAGICALLY have Homeseer control the volume.
    If you are using a Windows PC , it's even better. The sounds can be controlled independently. Like I have the Speak Time EVENT wich reduces KODI's (XBMC) volume using SPUD's xbmc plugin for Homeseer.The main PC volume remains high so you can hear the announcement. When it's over KODI's volume goes back to the set original point.
    I don't know if you agree with me but you wouldn't like to speak on the phone with loud music or if you are watching a movie, it would be nice to pause and when the call is over everything goes back to where you left off!

I hope this would be cool to all Homeseer addicts out there!

Best Regards.

Eman
    Last edited by Eman; April 14, 2015, 08:23 AM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Hi Tony,
      What I meant here is when the phone is ringing it sends Homeseer a signal and who (number) is calling but what I don't know is that if this condition is active say:- (1) For the duration of the call (2) What happens when the phone becomes idle and (3) when the phone is off the hook ie: when you pick up the phone and call someone

You can create all these conditions inside tasker but how would you have these phone states sent to Homeseer from Tasker using your plugin?
      If you recall a while back I asked you about Eventghost integration but this is another way of asking the same question but without Eventghost. Why? Because your plugin is already doing Phone is ringing and incoming SMS

Some cool example if you had music or video (Kodi or your AMP) playing loud you would AUTOMAGICALLY have Homeseer control the volume.
      If you are using a Windows PC , it's even better. The sounds can be controlled independently. Like I have the Speak Time EVENT wich reduces KODI's (XBMC) volume using SPUD's xbmc plugin for Homeseer.The main PC volume remains high so you can hear the announcement. When it's over KODI's volume goes back to the set original point.
      I don't know if you agree with me but you wouldn't like to speak on the phone with loud music or if you are watching a movie, it would be nice to pause and when the call is over everything goes back to where you left off!

I hope this would be cool to all Homeseer adicts out there!

Best Regards.

Eman
      Hi Eman, to your

Based on your conditions just set below variables and you will update homeseer device.
      %HSSetdevicestring to "In phone"
      %HSSetdevicevalue to a number. (Ex. 0 for free, 1 in call.)
      %HsRef to your own deviceref id that you want to controll.
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

MyHomeSeer Service

Hi, I'm planning to make the connection more easy for new users and for others that have connection problem.
        Implementation of MyHomeSeer Service will make it possible to connect without any configuration of router/firewall.

When this release is ready,
        just create myHomeseer account.
        Enable MyHomeSeer Remote Control in HS3.
        Enter the username & password in tasker, done

I'm hoping that everybody will accept this connection method so I don't need to use two different parallel connection methods.

Make your voice heard if you do not want to use MyHomeSeer as connection method in future releases. (Same as HSTouch connection)

Drop me an email if you want to beta test myhs connection method.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi, I'm planning to make the connection more easy for new users and for others that have connection problem.
          Implementation of MyHomeSeer Service will make it possible to connect without any configuration of router/firewall.

I'm hoping that everybody will accept this connection method so I don't need to use two different parallel connection methods.

Make your voice heard if you do not want to use MyHomeSeer as connection method in future releases. (Same as HSTouch connection)

Tonlof,

I love this idea, my ISP blocks alot of ports and it is difficult to get them to open them up so this will allow outside access for me

Cheers Ken
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
            Tonlof,

I love this idea, my ISP blocks alot of ports and it is difficult to get them to open them up so this will allow outside access for me

Cheers Ken
            Perfect, send me an email if you want to test.
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

This sounds great to me! I've never been able to get communication from my phone (android s5 - rooted) to Homeseer.
              * I have port 443 forwarded in my route
              * SSL is ticked on in Homeseer on 443
              * When I use the 'Tools' in the Tasker plug-in, I get the box on the phone showing my IP addresses
              * If I use the 'controls' from the plug-in or any examples in Tasker, I see trying (1 of 10...2 of 10...etc) on my phone but it just can't talk back to HS

Communication from HS to phone works fine.

b r y a n AT bptworld . com

Thanks!
              Bryan
              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Call/Phone state

Hi Eman, to your

Based on your conditions just set below variables and you will update homeseer device.
                %HSSetdevicestring to "In phone"
                %HSSetdevicevalue to a number. (Ex. 0 for free, 1 in call.)
                %HsRef to your own deviceref id that you want to controll.
                Hi Tony,
                I'm not ashamed to notify you that I use Tasker mostly with plagin apps and they work well but aslo know that variables are even better but here is where my shortcomings are. I love connecting things but mostly with phiscal tools. I have never sat down to learn variables. That's where your help is needed. Please Tony all I need are two Events, (1) For phone off the hook (Ringing/On Call/calling) and (2) For Phone idle (On call End). This will enable me to control my stand alone KODI (XBMC) media center. I tried to add your examples you posted and looked in the log. This is what I see:

N.B: The log messages are from bottom to top

Apr-09 11:34:49 Device Control Device: Kodilive Volume to Volume=80% (80)
                Apr-09 11:34:49 Event Event Trigger "Control KODIKive_Volume-80%"
                Apr-09 11:34:47 TTS Speak: ():0208******1 (Eman)
                Apr-09 11:34:47 Tasker Plugin Set Device String ReferenceID:1058 to null
                Apr-09 11:34:47 Tasker Plugin Set Device value ReferenceID:1058 to 0
                Apr-09 11:34:47 Event Event Trigger "Notify Eman-Phone Ringing"
                Apr-09 11:34:36 Device Control Device: Kodilive Status to Play/Pause (-3)
                Apr-09 11:34:36 Device Control Device: Kodilive Volume to Volume=40% (40)
                Apr-09 11:34:36 Event Event Trigger "Control KODIKive_Volume-40%"
                Apr-09 11:34:35 TTS Speak: ():0208******1 (Eman)
                Apr-09 11:34:35 Event Event Trigger "Notify Eman-Phone Ringing"
                Apr-09 11:34:34 TTS Speak: ():0208******1 (Eman)
                Apr-09 11:34:34 Tasker Plugin Set Device String ReferenceID:1058 to 0208******1 (Eman)
                Apr-09 11:34:34 Tasker Plugin Set Device value ReferenceID:1058 to 1
                Apr-09 11:34:33 Event Event Trigger "Notify Eman-Phone Ringing"

I just used a workaround using Ultra Jones' ULTRAlog monitor to capture the log message and seems to work but wish I knew how you would do it, or is it how it should be done?

Your time is highly appreciated and I can't wait to buy this plugin because it's in a league of its' own i.e "No Substitute"

And one more question if you don't mind, have you looked at BACKITUDE for Tasker here?: http://www.gpsies.com/backitude.do?language=en

The user sends data to there own server, thus private. I found some code on the internet on how to automate it using Tasker here:
                http://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comme...te_with_tasker

Credit goes to those guys at /r/Tasker. Saves a ton of battery life.

Best regards.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; April 14, 2015, 08:21 AM.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Have been testing the new tasker with the connection thru myhomeseer and it has been working awesome for the last 24hrs. Nice addition Tonlof
                  HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                    Have been testing the new tasker with the connection thru myhomeseer and it has been working awesome for the last 24hrs. Nice addition Tonlof
                    Great to hear, I think it also working better when you move between local network and 3g/4g.
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Great to hear, I think it also working better when you move between local network and 3g/4g.
                      I just tried out the new xml and it works perfectly the first time! I am finally connected to HS with Tasker. Thanks Tonlof!
                      Bryan
                      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                        I just tried out the new xml and it works perfectly the first time! I am finally connected to HS with Tasker. Thanks Tonlof!
                        Thanks for the feedback, I think it's time to release it. Have use it myself without any problem.
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tasker MyHSConnect Released

Hi, new version is now available with Installation help Tasker HS3 that you will find in Google play.
                          Run the app, open tasker, delete the old HS3 Engine, import the new HS3 engine.Should be 2015-04-09
                          Exit tasker and start it again. Run MyHsSetup and enter your MyHS login
                          details.

You can now tick the checkbox "<label for="cb_TASKER_STATIC_IP_ID598385" style="">Static IP or DYN DNS</label>" under Tasker plugin in HS3. This will disable autocheck your wan ipaddress.
                          If you have previously opened the firewall, you can now close it again.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi, new version is now available with Installation help Tasker HS3 that you will find in Google play.
                            Run the app, open tasker, delete the old HS3 Engine, import the new HS3 engine.Should be 2015-04-09
                            Exit tasker and start it again. Run MyHsSetup and enter your MyHS login
                            details.

You can now tick the checkbox "<label for="cb_TASKER_STATIC_IP_ID598385" style="">Static IP or DYN DNS</label>" under Tasker plugin in HS3. This will disable autocheck your wan ipaddress.
                            If you have previously opened the firewall, you can now close it again.
                            This works great Tony. I was going to contact you as I was having trouble getting things going on my phone after a software update but this fixed it.

I do get a test popup with every recognized command. Is this something you left in or did I add this and can't remember or find it.

Great work.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              This works great Tony. I was going to contact you as I was having trouble getting things going on my phone after a software update but this fixed it.

I do get a test popup with every recognized command. Is this something you left in or did I add this and can't remember or find it.

Great work.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              Hi Greig

I think I have forgot to remove some debug functions.

Can you try to delete Line 48 in HS3Post, don't forget to exit tasker before you try again.
                              --
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

3.0.2.6 (2015-04-09) Cleaned up setup page and disable wan ip check. Warning: This version is only for the latest tasker project.
                                --
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X