Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrate Android Tasker with Homeseer (Old Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Can you email me the log after you try all events.
    Can you please tell me how? I looked up the documentation and there's no mention of how-to enable logs.

Is this in tasker side or hs3 side? It seems the problem is with the tasker scripts.

Edit: Disregard, found it and I've emailed the Tasker log. It's in tasker's preference -> misc -> debug to SD card. It will create /tasker/log.txt in your phone's SD card.

Edit 2: I reloaded HS3Engine-project, and ran ConnectionSetup now everything works again. Maybe something was edited by mistake. I need to learn to lock these things

BTW i'm still using the beta you emailed me last time. Is there a newer version yet?
    Last edited by LeoS; April 21, 2015, 09:48 AM.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

An update for users of Android 5 connecting to HS3's built-in https web server...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174161
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
        BTW i'm still using the beta you emailed me last time. Is there a newer version yet?
        Hi Leo, it was more work than I thought but I think I have it ready now. Have test it few times from scratch but I think it would be great if someone else could test it to.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi Leo, it was more work than I thought but I think I have it ready now. Have test it few times from scratch but I think it would be great if someone else could test it to.
          Sure, please email me.

Comment

Hi Tony,
            I have updated to latest HS3 tasker plugin (updater_override).
            I have cleaned all "old" tasker tabs, downloaded "setup tasker for HS3" and launched. Imported the new project file (hs3 engine, hs3 addons...).
            I have a problem because the tasker HS3 engine is 2015-04-09 (version 3.0.2.6) and I can't find the setup for "select preferred connection method".

Where I'm wrong?

Thanks
            Last edited by khriss75; April 24, 2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
              Hi Tony,
              I have updated to latest HS3 tasker plugin (updater_override).
              I have cleaned all "old" tasker tabs, downloaded "setup tasker for HS3" and launched. Imported the new project file (hs3 engine, hs3 addons...).
              I have a problem because the tasker HS3 engine is 2015-04-09 (version 3.0.2.6) and I can't find the setup for "select preferred connection method".

Were I'm wrong?

Thanks
              Hi Khriss, I will upload a new tasker release in the next 10 minutes.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi, new Tasker version available.

Use android app Installation Help Tasker to download the new files.

Don't forget to exit Tasker after you have import the new version.
                Open tasker again and run "Setup Connection (Run Me)" and follow the step.
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Cool.

Btw, for those not familiar with Tasker... exiting Tasker means going into its preference (3 dots icon, top right) and choosing 'Exit'.

Comment

Thanks again

Work perfect! Great job!!!
                    Last edited by khriss75; April 24, 2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

When I started this project, it was directed to just create an gateway between tasker and HS3 for experienced tasker users but it has been shown that the interest has grown bigger and I'm really looking forward to sub forums. We can then also create beginners guides for tasker and all around programs.
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks to TechHA who took the initiative to this thread about subforum. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174251
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Connection Method

For clarifying, latest tonlof tasker plugin & tasker profiles supports multiple connection methods. MyHS, Static/DynDNS and local connection. Each device can use the connection method that you prefer. Ex. since Android 5 is more
                          security tighter and not allow untrusted ssl you could use MyHs for this device or http connection without SSL. For older Androiddevices you can still use static/dyndns. Your choice.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

For clarifying, latest tonlof tasker plugin & tasker profiles supports multiple connection methods. MyHS, Static/DynDNS and local connection. Each device can use the connection method that you prefer. Ex. since Android 5 is more
                            security tighter and not allow untrusted ssl you could use MyHs for this device or http connection without SSL. For older Androiddevices you can still use static/dyndns. Your choice.
                            I just want to make correction to the last part... it's actually not the self signed certificate that was the problem... Android 5 seems to block sslv3 method (see 'POODLE vulnerability') that the HS3 ssl server use. Unfortunately for us, HS3's web server is their 'own built server' and HS don't seem to have the resource to keep it up to date with all the latest security patches. Rich also mentioned that they may just take away the SSL server at some point (presumably once MyHS is stable and accepted and a majority of users have moved to it).

More about it, including how I made HS3 serve SSL website to Tasker on Android 5:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1174933

Comment

The Tasker sub-forum is now LIVE!
                              Bryan
                              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks to all who participated in this long thread. I have closed the thread so it does not become larger, please use tonlof tasker plugin subforum instead.

Kind regards
                                Tonlof
                                --
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X