Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tasker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tasker

    I've seen some scripts to trigger events in hs2, but I can't seem to get them working for HS3. Does anyone know the script in tasker to trigger events?

    #2
    Nobody?

    Comment


      #3
      Will this do what you need: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...20#post1089120 ?

      Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

      Comment


        #4
        If you can post your scripts might be somewhere to start, if you are just triggering events they should work fine regardless of HS2 or HS3 as the syntax for triggering events is the same.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Will this do what you need: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...20#post1089120 ?

          Cheers
          Al
          I am toying around with this to see if I can get it to do what I need it too. Haven't had much luck so far.

          Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          If you can post your scripts might be somewhere to start, if you are just triggering events they should work fine regardless of HS2 or HS3 as the syntax for triggering events is the same.
          Basically anything that would allow me to trigger an event. I'm trying to do a home status for one thing, which I was looking here:
          http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160843
          but I couldn't get that to work right.

          Comment


            #6
            This is VERY basic and quick but it might get you going, I no longer really use tasker (unfortunately I switched to an iPhone) but I have tested it and it looks to work.

            One thing that I don't know about is authentication with HS3, IIRC when I used tasker with HS2 I had to embed the username/password in the URL and I think this little loophole may have closed up. I don't think tasker supports secure login to pages but I have not really looked too much, that could present a slight problem if you are looking to use it to externally connect to pages. If you are just going to be using on Wifi then there should not be an issue.

            This uses a single classic ASP page that sits in your \homeseer hs3\html directory and you can call it tasker.asp. Create it in notepad and just put this in it;

            HTML Code:
            <% 
            hs.writelog "Tasker", "Page tasker.asp has been called..." 
            hs.writelog "Tasker", "Event Name: " & Request.Querystring("event")
            if hs.eventexists(Request.Querystring("event")) then
            hs.writelog "Tasker", "Event Exists - Triggering"
            hs.triggerevent(Request.Querystring("event"))
            else
            hs.writelog "Tasker", "Event Does Not Exist"
            end if
            %>
            What this does is when you go to http://yourIP/tasker.asp?event=Test Event for example it looks for what is after event= and then takes this, checks whether or not there is an event by this name and if there is then it triggers it. If there is no event then it just prints it into the log also.

            You then need to set up the actions in tasker, the action you want is HTTP POST. Hopefully the attached images help but as you can see it is passing a parameter to the tasker.asp page with an event name. This then hits the above code and does what I explained, in my example below it is just firing when I unlock the screen.

            Tasker can be very very powerful and I was doing some great stuff with it before. HS3 has changed so if you are running linux ASP the above will be a complete waste of time and not work, I am led to believe ASPX is as good as not working on things like the Zee because of the delay with it but can't comment from personal experience.
            Last edited by mrhappy; January 20, 2015, 10:15 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Awesome. That works perfect. One step closer to voice control.


              So now I'm looking to trigger continuous in Autovoice somehow so that the command in that can trigger the http post task. I can do the "ok google" thing, but that just doesn't mesh well with the theme. So my thoughts are that I could somehow use the camera on the tablets to detect motion and then go into continuous mode for a set amount of time. That way I could actually tailor this to use the same commands to trigger things in different parts of the house depending on which tablet hears it. Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Code that can do motion detection like that on tablets?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
                Awesome. That works perfect. One step closer to voice control.


                So now I'm looking to trigger continuous in Autovoice somehow so that the command in that can trigger the http post task. I can do the "ok google" thing, but that just doesn't mesh well with the theme. So my thoughts are that I could somehow use the camera on the tablets to detect motion and then go into continuous mode for a set amount of time. That way I could actually tailor this to use the same commands to trigger things in different parts of the house depending on which tablet hears it. Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Code that can do motion detection like that on tablets?
                Sorry I genuinely have no idea when it comes to stuff like this, I only used Tasker for a couple of things and this sort of thing was not on my radar. Providing the data you can get into HS easy enough the possibilities are relatively limitless in terms of how you deal with it in HS.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  Sorry I genuinely have no idea when it comes to stuff like this, I only used Tasker for a couple of things and this sort of thing was not on my radar. Providing the data you can get into HS easy enough the possibilities are relatively limitless in terms of how you deal with it in HS.
                  Thanks anyway. You got me the biggest push so far with it all. It's very much appreciated.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X