Request for a Tasker sub-forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for a Tasker sub-forum

Not sure if private messaging is working on this board or not...I've sent 2 in the past couple of days with NO response, so I'll ask here.

Tonlof has an excellent plugin that gives Tasker and Homeseer two way communication. His post has well over 450 replies to it. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with all the different conversations going on. It would very beneficial if we could get a sub forum on the HS board to talk about and share everything Tasker and Homeseer.

The post can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158888

Thanks.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

+1
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I too would like to see this. That thread is getting crazy. I have no clue what direction that plugin has moved in recently because everything is buried. Apparently I need to use MyHS now? I dunno.

Some years back I saw a Skype dev post on their forum that "forums are the cesspool of the software development world" and I believe that he was expressing frustration with just this type of thing.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Update...

Well, so far I've sent 2 private messages to Macromark with no response, which isn't like him. Wondering if the private message function is working?

I then started this post...was hoping someone was monitoring this section for problems with the board. But nothing so far...

I just sent Rich an email from the board so hopefully we can hear something soon.

Fingers crossed!
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Love to Share

Hi guys,
          I love your work . That's why I never stop wanting to learn new things and that's why I ask so many questions. Bare with me and we will all prevail. So if your are willing to share, I have a few events I have created from what I have learned with Tonlof's plugin and I think someone would love them.

Best regards.

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

It is an old post but http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119385 suggests that you get in the updater and the forum if you charge for your plugins (I think the tasker one is free?). I know some forums appear for free plugins but guess that those people have had those for many years or have at least one plugin that is perhaps charged for with others being free.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              It is an old post but http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119385 suggests that you get in the updater and the forum if you charge for your plugins (I think the tasker one is free?). I know some forums appear for free plugins but guess that those people have had those for many years or have at least one plugin that is perhaps charged for with others being free.
              Hasn't there been free plugins created after that post? I wonder if those rules are still current. I mean, quality free plugins are a boon to the community and the HS ecosystem!
              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Update #2:

I talked to Mark and he is looking into it.
                Bryan

Comment

done
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    done
                    Hip hip hooray!
                    Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X