No announcement yet.

The thread how we use Tasker plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really love this plug-in. Tack för allt jobb du lagt ner på detta (thanks for all the effort you've put in to this) Tonlof!
    The main reason for getting it was to do occupancy status to HS3 for me and my wife (the kids are too young for own phones)
    I use autoLocation with geofences for home, work, 2 different geofences on my way to/from home so it knows if I'm coming or leaving. This way I can turn on lights (if dark) and arm the house if it's unoccupied.
    I have temp sensors on my water tank for the wood boiler and if it's cold enough for me to start a new fire it notifies me as soon as I arrive home.
    I have the Twilight plugin for tasker that sends civil, nautical and astronomical Dawn/dusk on/off to HS3 so I can use that to determine if it's time to turn on the outdoor lights.
    Widgets that turns amp's on/off and changes state if any other device turns them on or off, volume widgets.
    Motion and door sensors that notifies me if they are triggered and no one is home.
    /jonaZ

Comment

I use my wifi status it to detect if I am home or not. Once I am connected to my home wifi SSID, tasker triggers my "Arrival" event. If it disconnects from my SSID, it does the opposite, runs my departure event. The events are based on different conditions so there are no false alarms. Took a few nights of having all the lights in the house coming on at 3 am, to figure those out

Like the post above,I also use tasker to create single icon/function tasker widgets to run events direct from my android screen without having to wait for a separate app to load.

Tasker is the only way I could figure out how to wake my 2 Nvidia Shield TV boxes from standby. It then opens the Twitch app to a specified channel.

The last thing I use tasker for is to control my HSTouch Android tablet so that the screen isn't on 24 hours a day. It shuts off when I leave or go to sleep, and comes back on upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by xxrzdxx View Post
        The last thing I use tasker for is to control my HSTouch Android tablet so that the screen isn't on 24 hours a day. It shuts off when I leave or go to sleep, and comes back on upon arrival.
        Would you mind sharing you triggers/actions? looking to implement something similar, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post

Would you mind sharing you triggers/actions? looking to implement something similar, thanks.
          There are a lot of ways to accomplish that. I will be interested in hearing how others have done it.

For me, I have a smart switch powering the Android tablets that are running HS Touch. I have the Tasker application on the tablet monitoring the AC power, and when it is turned off, Tasker sends a message to Homeseer to run an event, that turns around and simulates a button press in the HS Touch app that causes HS Touch to exit. When AC power is restored, Tasker simply relaunches HS Touch.

Comment

Working...
          X