The thread how we use Tasker plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread how we use Tasker plugin.

How are you using Tasker plugin, spread your ideas here to inspire others.
    Cheers
    Tonlof
    Last edited by tonlof; May 4, 2015, 03:36 PM.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

SOME OF MY TASKER/HOMESEER PROFILES

Hi guys,

Here are some simple but effective profiles which you can adapt to your own liking.

I assume that the user has installed Tonlof's Tasker plugin and followed instructions found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158888

( 1) @Night (Profile Name)

Create a new profile based on time, say : 23:00 - 05:00 (Quiet Time)

Entry Task : %HSCommand to: Enable Android Speaker client (event already created on HomeSeer)

Exit Task: %HSCommand to: Disable Android Speaker client

(2) ALARM!
    There is an Android app (AlarmPad). Install this and configure your alarms. I use this because newer versions of Android don't seem to trigger the alarm in Tasker. So this app is a remedy for that.

- Create a new profile in tasker and choose plugin : AlarmPad event Alarm Triggered

- Configuration : Alarm Triggered

- add task (optional) WOL. This app has a Tasker plugin so set up the computers you want to wake up before you add.

- add task: Variable set
    %HSSetdevicestring to: Alarm Triggered
    %HSSetdevicevalue to : 1
    %HsRef to : your device
    %HSCommand to : DeviceUpdate

N.B this profife dosen't serem to do EXIT task

b)
    - Create a new profile in tasker and choose plugin : AlarmPad event Alarm Dismissed

- add task: Valiable set
    %HSSetdevicestring to: Alarm Dismissed
    %HSSetdevicevalue to : 0
    %HsRef to : your device (created earlier)

There is a new Spud's plugin (Easy Trigger). Use that to run events in HomeSeer based on the strings (Alarm Triggered and Alarm Dismissed)
    I use this one to wake up the systems so by the time get to the living room the News is ready on KODI/XBMC. You can adapt to you own liking.

(3)
    Now this one I like most. It's the Bed Time or Systems Shut down. I charge my phone when I go to bed.In combination with another profile or phone state (Phone @Home). If away doesn't trigger.

So here goes:

-In Tasker create a new profile and choose state, Power, AC

%HSSetdevicestring to: Power cord Connected
    EXIT task

- add task: %HSSetdevicestring to: Power Cord Disconnected
    %HSSetdevicevalue to : 0

In HomeSeer I have an event to shut down the systems when it's time for bed but before "Disable Android Speaker client" profile created earlier or above.

statement spoken: Systems Shutdown Intiated!

Advanced users can create a pop up to ask OK or NO for the event to execute.

And for all that, I say thank you so much Tonlof

N.B Please note that I'm not an expert but just sharing some of my profiles.

Regards.

Eman.
    Last edited by Eman; May 6, 2015, 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Initially I want to use Tasker to control room occupancy with NFC tags littered around the house. I tested it at a few spots and found it's just not that convenient, to bring your phone about and 'tag' it to certain spots to report your whreabout.

So I'm waiting for some bluetooth beacons (Sensoro) with adjustable range (5cm-30m) for the more natural occupancy tracking.

But the NFC tags are still good for some locations, particularly those that you want the activation to be deliberate. So I have a couple of NFC tags at my main front door. It has a kwikset z-wave lock on it, so if I tap the NFC tag from outside, it will unlock the door, turn on a couple of lights at the entry, set a LeoS_is_home variable. The reverse is true when I'm exiting the house, and the '_is_home' variable is tied to other automation relating to lights and HVAC.
      Other than the front door, I use the NFC tag at the dining table to set the dining scene and also at my nightstand to enable to 'home occupants are asleep' state.

I have also made some shortcut to trigger room scenes that can quickly be accessed from Android's home screen.

I think my uses are still very basic and have just barely scratch the surface of what Tasker-HS3 pairing can do. Looking forward to other ideas!
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

HomeSeer Devices Created With Tasker Plugin

Trigger events based on device change.
        For more on how setup look at the examples above this post.

Eman.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          HomeSeer Devices Created With Tasker Plugin

Trigger events based on device change.
          For more on how setup look at the examples above this post.

Eman.

How did you get the battery level?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Battery Level...I have this set to run every 30 minutes.

Attached Files
            Bryan
            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

HomeSeer event structure. Yours could be defferent.

Eman.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                Battery Level...I have this set to run every 30 minutes.

Sorry, I'm not following this one. Why run it only every 30 minutes? I clearly don't have any clue as to how to use Tasker and seem to need a little hand holding here.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Sorry, I'm not following this one. Why run it only every 30 minutes? I clearly don't have any clue as to how to use Tasker and seem to need a little hand holding here.
                  S-F'
                  You create or add a new device in HomeSeer which adds a new device ID. Set the %HsRef to the that no. and the Phone or Tablet sends a signal to HomeSeer when battery changes and you can act on that as your event. Say, if less than 10% batterry left

I hope that helps.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    S-F'
                    Doing the same thing but split by "TIME" like may be TechHA has done, is you choose Time in Tasker profiles and then set the tasks as he has done. Then you will not have the phone/tablet constantly sending out the battery level to HomeSeer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.

Eman.
                    Last edited by Eman; July 12, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

S-F'
                      Doing the same thing but split by "TIME" like may be TechHA has done, is you choose Time in Tasker profiles and then set the tasks as he has done. Then you will not have the phone/tablet constanly sending out the battery level to HomeSeer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.

Eman.
                      Exactly, For me I only send the info to Homeseer every 30 minutes. It's just my preference. When the battery gets below 30%, I have HS announce and put on the LED reader boards that it's time to charge my phone.

Example:
                      In Profiles hit the '+' key
                      Select 'Time', unselect 'from' and 'to' check boxes and check 'Repeat' instead.
                      Put in the time interval you would like
                      Then hit the back arrow up top
                      Select the 'Task' you would like to run
                      Now go back and rename the new Profile by long pressing on the name and then select the 'A'.
                      That's it!
                      Bryan
                      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Trying to wake the thread again. Hapy sharing
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi guys,

-In Tasker create a new profile and choose state, Power, AC

%HSSetdevicestring to: Power cord Connected
                          Do you have an event in Homeseer called "DeviceUpdate" If so seeing how you have this event configured may be helpful. I am trying to keep track of the screen state on my android tablets and trigger events based off of whether or not the screen is on. To do this i followed your method of creating a profile and setting the variables, however i get an error on the %HSCommand step

some "connection_method.dat" warning

I am thinking you must have an event named Device Update that takes the variables and sets them.

Any thoughts or perhaps maybe i am doing something wrong here. I am pretty new to tasker

Comment

still the question remains regarding the %HSCommand however i was able to get a device to update.

I found this post which revealed i hadn't properly completed tasker-->homeseer connection.
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=49

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                              still the question remains regarding the %HSCommand however i was able to get a device to update.

I found this post which revealed i hadn't properly completed tasker-->homeseer connection.
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=49
                              Hi skarragallagher,

The "DeviceUpdate" is a command set in Tasker to send an on/off to your HomeSeer server device you created. So when things happen in the phone or tablet, Tasker sends the commands to HomeSeer and hence the magic happens. I hope that answers your question.

Eman.
                              Last edited by Eman; January 2, 2016, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X