Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection problem - Can't connect (Solved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection problem - Can't connect (Solved)

Can't make the phone with tasker and the HS3 server connect. Here are the steps that I have done:

Latest Homeseer tasker plugin installed version v3.0.2.7
    Latest "installation help Tasker HS3" installed
    The homeseer server and the android phone both are connected to the same LAN.
    AutoRemote is installed. I entered the same password "homeseer" as in the device in HS3 tasker plugin
    Device "Galaxy Note" added with url shown in AutoRemote. I choose the default password "homeseer"
    There is no registered device in AutoRemote for HS3. I just have the android phone and dropbox.
    Re-imported the folders created by "installation help Tasker HS3".
    Ran "Setup Connection" task from HS3 engine and chose "MyHomeseer". The task now shows "MyHomeseer" as active connection
    Ran "Setup Home Network" from HS3 Engine. I entered my HS3 server Ip and the name of my router.
    I can send a text message to AutoRemote using my browser and the AutoRemote URL and it works OK.

There is no connection between the phone and the HS3 server
    I can choose any of the tasks concerning HS3 and nothing happens. NO errors.
    When choosing "GetValues", nothing is returned from homeseer.
    Is there a quick way to diagnose the connection problem?
    I am sure that there is some step that I am missing, but I just can't see it.
    BTW, I don't see the self-test mentioned in the tasker plugin latest download thread.
    Last edited by tonlof; May 23, 2015, 07:25 AM.

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    Can't make the phone with tasker and the HS3 server connect. Here are the steps that I have done:

Latest Homeseer tasker plugin installed version v3.0.2.7
    Latest "installation help Tasker HS3" installed
    The homeseer server and the android phone both are connected to the same LAN.
    AutoRemote is installed. I entered the same password "homeseer" as in the device in HS3 tasker plugin
    Device "Galaxy Note" added with url shown in AutoRemote. I choose the default password "homeseer"
    There is no registered device in AutoRemote for HS3. I just have the android phone and dropbox.
    Re-imported the folders created by "installation help Tasker HS3".
    Ran "Setup Connection" task from HS3 engine and chose "MyHomeseer". The task now shows "MyHomeseer" as active connection
    Ran "Setup Home Network" from HS3 Engine. I entered my HS3 server Ip and the name of my router.
    I can send a text message to AutoRemote using my browser and the AutoRemote URL and it works OK.

There is no connection between the phone and the HS3 server
    I can choose any of the tasks concerning HS3 and nothing happens. NO errors.
    When choosing "GetValues", nothing is returned from homeseer.
    Is there a quick way to diagnose the connection problem?
    I am sure that there is some step that I am missing, but I just can't see it.
    BTW, I don't see the self-test mentioned in the tasker plugin latest download thread.
    Hello jimbell,

So you have problem in both ways? From Hs3 to Tasker and vise versa.
    Just to be sure, have you exit tasker and load it again? it will not load the tasker changes before restart application.

When you follow the "Setup Connection" in tasker, did you get any popup with connection failure or OK?
    If you send a command from HS3, can you see any data in the log in autoremote?
    You can also set the variable Debug to 1 in tasker.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hello jimbell,

Just to be sure, have you exit tasker and load it again? it will not load the tasker changes before restart application.

When you follow the "Setup Connection" in tasker, did you get any popup with connection failure or OK?
      If you send a command from HS3, can you see any data in the log in autoremote?
      You can also set the variable Debug to 1 in tasker.
      Right now, I am just trying to get the connection to work from tasker to HS3.

"Just to be sure, have you exit tasker and load it again? it will not load the tasker changes before restart application."
      I did restart tasker after doing the setup connection
      I did not get a error when I chose "MyHomeseer" as the connect method. When I run the setup connection again, it say that "MyHomeseer" is active, so I cancel out.
      If I choose DynDns or static ip, what does the username and password belong to. I have no idea what to enter there because I do not know what piece of software is going to use them.

I don't see anything specific to autoremote in the tasker log. I can't find the AutoRemote log.

Are there any screenshots that I can take that will provide you with more info?

Comment

Hi jimbell, the DynDns or static credentials are the one you have setup in hs3 in users. (HS3 Webuser login)
        When you run "Setup Home Network", if ssl is ticked. Be sure ssl is activated in hs3. Also if you are running on android 5 there is an issue with SSL and Tasker/HS3. If yes you have to connect without SSL or with MyHomeseer.
        When you press the button "Load SSID name" what happend? Did it load your ssid name of your router?
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi jimbell, the DynDns or static credentials are the one you have setup in hs3 in users. (HS3 Webuser login)
          When you run "Setup Home Network", if ssl is ticked. Be sure ssl is activated in hs3. Also if you are running on android 5 there is an issue with SSL and Tasker/HS3. If yes you have to connect without SSL or with MyHomeseer.
          When you press the button "Load SSID name" what happend? Did it load your ssid name of your router?
          Running android 4.4.4. I changed by connection method to DynDns/StaticIP and entered my HS3 server ip address. I then entered a username and password that have in the HS3 network setup. Now get a "could not connect" error when running one of the sample tasks.

Comment

It is now working. Also a suggestion for the production version

I now have my connection working. I unchecked "Use SSL" in the config since I don't have it set in HS3. Dumb mistake.

A suggestion for HS3 plugin before you release the production version. In the "ListDeviceRef" tab page, it would be nice to be able to sort on the Device Name, Location, and Location2 columns. It is currently somewhat difficult to find a device in the current implementation. If you decide not to provide the sort capability, please list the items in "Device Name" ascending order.

Comment

Working...
            X