Help me I am stuck!!! (Solved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me I am stuck!!! (Solved)

I am new to this so don't laugh. I am following your instructions to download the text file (Download updater_override.txt and place in your HS3 application folder) which I copied the info from the web page and put it in a text file. Then I followed the instructions, but I don't have a "Test Plugin" showing. What am I doing wrong? It can't be this hard. By the way I am putting the updater override.txt file in "Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\updater_ override.txt

I have also tried by eliminating the "_" from the file name and that did not work.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonlof; May 24, 2015, 03:30 AM. Reason: (Solved)

Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself! I was confused too the first time I had to do the update_override method.

First, don't change the filename. update_override.txt is correct. Second, you need to restart HomeSeer3 for the override to take effect and show up in your plugin updates list.

Other than that, you've already put it in the correct directory. So just make sure the "_" is back in the name (updater_override.txt) then restart HS3 and go to your manage plugin page.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
      Second, you need to restart HomeSeer3 for the override to take effect and show up in your plugin updates list.
      Hi Leo,

All you need to do after placing the update_override.txt file in the HS3 directory is click on the "Update Listing" button and then the plugins listed below will just be what's referenced in the override file. No need to restart HS.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Hi Leo,

All you need to do after placing the update_override.txt file in the HS3 directory is click on the "Update Listing" button and then the plugins listed below will just be what's referenced in the override file. No need to restart HS.

Cheers
        Al
        D'oh!

I haven't messed with it for awhile myself, thanks for the correction!
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Still no go. Maybe I am doing the text file wrong. When I keep the "_" in, it doesn't show any of the categories below and I click the additional interfaces button. Can you send me your txt file? Maybe I am doing that wrong.

Thanks,
          Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

I just downloaded it from the link in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174450

This is what it contains on the inside:

Code:
            'Name, Updater version, File version, Notices version
             HomeSeer Updates File, 3.0.0.0, 14, 1
             .,anonymous,user@updates,.,,,0.0.0.0
             '%<HS TYPE=SUBCAT>Updates
             '%<HS TYPE=SUBCAT>Local Update

Tasker Plugin,HSPI_TASKER.exe,,3.0.2.8 (Beta),63, 2  ,tasker.ithemmet.se,/download/,Tasker_3_0_2_8.zip,4,Free to try $39 to buy,Tony Lofgren 

(tonlof),Tasker Plugin,http://tasker.ithemmet.se/images/taskerhs3logo.png,http://goo.gl/z1s37Q,,http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158
            I was able to install the plugin using it.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Just take the update_override.txt and drop it into your HomeSeer HS3 directory which is located in the Program Files 9x86 if you have a 64 bit system or the Program Files folder if you have a 32 bit system. The hit the Update Listing button and it should appear. Don't change anything in any of the files.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks for all the quick responses. I did what all of you guys have said but I still don't see the "Test Plugin" tab. What do I do now?

These are the tabs that are showing:

Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-Ins
                Analog & Digital Input/Output Device Support
                Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Support
                Camera Support
                Energy Management
                Internet or Network Related
                Irrigation Control
                Media Plug-Ins
                Pool Controllers and Interfaces
                RFID Plug-Ins
                Robotics Plug-Ins
                Security Plug-Ins
                Telephone,Text and Email Integration
                Thermostat / HVAC Plug-Ins
                User Interfaces
                Utilities
                Weather Plug-ins
                Wireless Receiver and Transceiver Support
                Beta Plug-ins (see forums.homeseer.com for details on using anything in this section)

Using HS 3.0.0.163
                Thanks,
                Steve

Comment

Which browser are you using? If not Chrome, try Chrome. Once you click the update listing buttons and expand the "Additional Interfaces", those other categories should disappear. If that still doesn't work, you can always manually download (http://tasker.ithemmet.se/download/Tasker_3_0_2_8.zip). The info on how to install is in a file called install.txt inside the zip file. It's a bit cryptic, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Al:

I used your link and manually added all the files to the plugin. It now works. Don't know why it was not working before. FYI, I get a DOS box running in the background showing HStasker.exe showing about 20 "device found". Is that normal? If not, how do I get that from not showing on my desktop?

Thanks again,
                    Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

At the top of the Manage Plugins page is a checkbox, make sure it's un-checked:

Click image for larger version

Name:	devmode.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1178627

After you uncheck it, you'll need to stop the plugin and restart it again and it should not have any more visible windows.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Thank you that worked.

Steve

Comment

I am getting closer. I am at this step:

I can create an event through Homeseer and click run event and it will run from pc to phone, but when I try to run an event sent from my phone, I get nothing. Any suggestions. I ran auto remote and am stumped. I am trying to do a simple event by turning off a light. Here are the device references:

Computer Room Lights Insteon String $$DTR:4: $$DTA:1D.91.D0:1:

Status $$DSR:4: $$DSA:1D.91.D0:1:

Value $$DVR:4: $$DVA:1D.91.D0:1:

Update:

I ran Tasker diagnostics for HS3 and this is what I am getting:

STORED IP
                          Wan IP.%ipaddress1
                          WAN IP.%ipaddress2
                          CONNECT IP
                          %ipaddress1
                          STORED CREDENTIALS
                          Username:username
                          Passwordassword
                          Devicename:Android
                          WIFI STATUS
                          Saved SSID:%ssidname
                          Connected SSID: steve
                          WIFIn
                          Device Rooted:no
                          HSRESPONSE:
                          %HTTPD

I ran the Setup and Network setup in tasker and it says it is working. I also checked SSL in HS3 to activate SSL. I know there is no Broadcast ID button in HS3 anymore. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
                          Steve
                          Last edited by skozin; May 19, 2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Anybody know what can be wrong ? I can communicate from my pc to my phone, but not in the other direction. There are no ip addresses in the wan or lan, and the username and address has no username nor password.

I looked in the other older post and Leo had a similar problem, but he did not post a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
                            Steve

Comment

Hi skozin,

Sorry, I missed this thread.
                              Diagnostic Tool is for the old version and will not give you correct values, have now disable this app in Google Play.

In tab HS3 samples you should have On & Off TASKS, just change the DeviceRef in the second row.

The basic to send value to Homeseer is below.
                              Create 2 variables
                              Variable1, name it %HSSetdevicevalue and set a value here.
                              Variable2, name it %HsRef set value to your homeseer device ref number

To send a string:
                              Variable1, name it %HSSetdevicestring and set your string here.
                              Variable2, name it %HsRef set value to your homeseer device ref number

To send both value and string:
                              Variable1, name it %HSSetdevicestring and set your string here.
                              Variable2, name it %HSSetdevicevalue and set a value here.
                              Variable3, name it %HsRef set value to your homeseer device ref number

When done, exit tasker with the 3 dots and select exit to save the changes. Run tasker again and test.
                              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                              --
                              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                              X