Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection via MyHs premium with multiple registered Hs3 instances

Hello,

I got started with this plugin last night. I'm halfway to getting it to work, wow definitely has a learning curve, but seems incredibly powerful.

One thing i noticed is that connection via MyHS is failing, i have a MyHS Premium account with several Homeseer installs registered to it, i did not see anywhere to pick which license to connect to, so i'm assuming that is why it is failing.

I just setup with a wan/dyndns instead, so i'm connected now, but thought i'd mention it as a possible issue to address in beta.

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
    Hello,

I got started with this plugin last night. I'm halfway to getting it to work, wow definitely has a learning curve, but seems incredibly powerful.

One thing i noticed is that connection via MyHS is failing, i have a MyHS Premium account with several Homeseer installs registered to it, i did not see anywhere to pick which license to connect to, so i'm assuming that is why it is failing.

I just setup with a wan/dyndns instead, so i'm connected now, but thought i'd mention it as a possible issue to address in beta.
    Hi, I'm using the free version and have not understand that the connection method is different between premium vs free. Do you have any information about the premium service? What url are you login to if you use a browser?
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I wanted to bring this back to life without creating a new one. Not only is setup an issue but as I'm building my Tasker plugin setup I'm replacing my Http Get commands I was using before to use your plugin to switch virtual switches on and off depending on my location. This works fine with one hs3 sever but if you have two how do I switch locations when I leave one house and go to another.

I normally have geofencing (autoloction) flip virtual switch on HS3 on both servers for when I arrive or leave. I was port forwarding before but now with myHS premium I want to close off my ports and use the server only for traffic.

Comment

Hi Tonlof,

The plugin cannot handle multiple instances of HomeSeer using one divice (phone/tablet). In other words it could only do that if only it can auto detect the instances. Because the HomeSeer servers are pooled together under one account holder (Hence User Name and Password in the Tasker Plugin) at the MyHS servers that causes problems at the Tasker plugin's end. And also the IP address expected in the settings in Tasker is different, that will stop things to work as expected.

To put things in simple terms, if you look in HSTouch settings you will see that you have a choice of which server you can connect to. So what everyone is asking is (This could be more work) the plugin to have (promiscuous mode) multiple server settings like HSTouch. But that aslo means you will have to code location detection within the plugin so that it can connect to the nearest server! Now that's complicated! Why? Because with HSTouch the user has to select which server to connect to.

But if you can code the auto detection then it would be upto the user to set which events to trigger at given location.

Look at the whole situation as if it were HSTouch===> Manual control
        And Tasker plugin ===> Auto control.

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; September 26, 2016, 07:17 PM.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Hi Tonlof,

The plugin cannot handle multiple instances of HomeSeer using one divice (phone/tablet). In other words it could only do that if only it can auto detect the instances. Because the HomeSeer servers are pooled together under one account holder (Hence User Name and Password in the Tasker Plugin) at the MyHS servers that causes problems at the Tasker plugin's end. And also the IP address expected in the settings in Tasker is different, that will stop things to work as expected.

To put things in simple terms, if you look in HSTouch settings you will see that you have a choice of which server you can connect to. So what everyone is asking is (This could be more work) the plugin to have (promiscuous mode) multiple server settings like HSTouch. But that aslo means you will have to code location detection within the plugin so that it can connect to the nearest server! Now that's complicated! Why? Because with HSTouch the user has to select which server to connect to.

But if you can code the auto detection then it would be upto the user to set which events to trigger at given location.

Look at the whole situation as if it were HSTouch===> Manual control
          And Tasker plugin ===> Auto control.

Eman.

I think your overthinking it. We don't need to code location detection to connect to the closest server. We just need to be able to choose which server when we create a task. So when I create a task that say set device ID XXX to X I can also add XXXX server.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            I think your overthinking it. We don't need to code location detection to connect to the closest server. We just need to be able to choose which server when we create a task. So when I create a task that say set device ID XXX to X I can also add XXXX server.

If you expand more on what you on about, it's literally the same thing. It has to be coded into the plugin. Otherwise creating tasks is beyond the scope of the plugin because tasks are created in TasKer itself as an application on your device but the Tasker plugin aids in forwarding the information to and from your device. Help me here Tony

What happens when the Tasker plugin connects to the MyHS service is that it expects to connect a single server you have set up in the plugin settings. During the settings remember you set an IP for that server! This is static!
            So there you have it!

I gave an example of HSTouch which is straight forward. When you want connect to any of your servers, you simply go into the settings and change it unless you don't use HSTouch

Note: It's easy to have multiple devices connecting to a single HomeSeer server with the plugin because the settings are the same but not multiple servers connecting to a single device because the settings change or have to be changed.
            Once again you can have your iPad and your phone displaying the same HSTouch screens at any given time!

Eman.
            Last edited by Eman; September 27, 2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Your still over thinking it and asume its a constant connection. I currently use tasker already to connect to the multipule severs. But im pushing them threw open ports vs. Pushing the same http comands threw my.hs.

Thats what im requesting and im not hearing your solution. I seem to hear you saying it cant be done which ia not helping.

Also you keep bringing up hstouch, which really has limitations. So lets take imperihome for example instead of hstouch. That is what i use.

I can connect to multipule severs or houses at the same time and turn lights on check status of both systems all in one page.

So lets work on a solution.

Edit: also forgot to comment on your static IP. Thats only for local connections and when im using geofencing the phone is not at either home. So its not using that static ip but rather my.hs severs.
              Last edited by integlikewhoa; September 27, 2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Your still over thinking it and asume its a constant connection. I currently use tasker already to connect to the multipule severs. But im pushing them threw open ports vs. Pushing the same http comands threw my.hs.

Thats what im requesting and im not hearing your solution. I seem to hear you saying it cant be done which ia not helping.

Also you keep bringing up hstouch, which really has limitations. So lets take imperihome for example instead of hstouch. That is what i use.

I can connect to multipule severs or houses at the same time and turn lights on check status of both systems all in one page.

So lets work on a solution.

Edit: also forgot to comment on your static IP. Thats only for local connections and when im using geofencing the phone is not at either home. So its not using that static ip but rather my.hs severs.
                That's where we differ. I did not say it can't be done your way but tried to highlight the issue in general so that Tony can understand it. That's what is missing in the plugin. It can't connect to multiple servers at the same time but if you see the Tasker settings in HomeSeer web view you can add devices allowed to connect but in the device (plugin settings) you have no choice for multiple servers. I take it from this information here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179641 that Imperihome can handle numerous systems and that you should have explained here.

Over to Tony!

Eman.

Comment

Hi, sorry for late replay. Have been out few days.

The challange is with mylocation, since there is no open api thru this system.
                  MyHsserver list is serverbased on Homeseers servers, your own hs server are reporting your wan and local ip frequently to Homeseer. MyHs service login to homeseer database and then send it back. So unless MyHs can han handle it or if they have any hidden way do it I think it not possible to solve on my side.
                  Multiple servers with static/dyn dns based executed task,
                  Ex. one standard address and if you add a second parameter in Task it will overide connection url could be added in future updates.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                    Hi, sorry for late replay. Have been out few days.

The challange is with mylocation, since there is no open api thru this system.
                    MyHsserver list is serverbased on Homeseers servers, your own hs server are reporting your wan and local ip frequently to Homeseer. MyHs service login to homeseer database and then send it back. So unless MyHs can han handle it or if they have any hidden way do it I think it not possible to solve on my side.
                    Multiple servers with static/dyn dns based executed task,
                    Ex. one standard address and if you add a second parameter in Task it will overide connection url could be added in future updates.
                    I thinking I found a solution to my problem already buy "controlling with json"
                    http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

I can set my own task for the vacation house to flip on a virtual switch when I get close based off autolocation and tasker using the following command.

h ttps://connected.homeseer.com/JSON?user=XXXXX&pass=XXXXX&request=controldevicebyvalue&ref= XXX&value=X
                    This will allow me to close my forward ports and fully jump over to the my.HS server I think now.

Comment

I can set my own task for the vacation house to flip on a virtual switch when I get close based off autolocation and tasker using the following command.

This will allow me to close my forward ports and fully jump over to the my.HS server I think now.
                      Thats the basic way tasker talk to Tasker plugin. But how could you select which server to connect to with connected.homeseer.com?
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Could you try to create 2 new users in myhs and only allow user1 to server 1 and user 2 to user2 and then test the account from tasker and see if it connect to correct server based on username?
                        If that is the case, then I think I can add some connection selection methods.
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

But how could you select which server to connect to with connected.homeseer.com?
                          I can't yet so I have multiple user names.

User=XXXXXHome
                          User=XXXXXVacationHome

Is sort of how I set it up.

Even before I installed your tasker plugin I have been using tasker with autolocation to handle all my geofencing. Ramping up location checks (polling) as I get closer to home and slowing down polling as I get further away. After installing your plugin I'm trying to just clean everything up and making it less vulnerable with open ports.

Quiet honestly I'm still in the 30day evaluation process and currently looking into what I can do with the tasker plugin vs. what I already do without the plugin and tasker.

It seems to me the plugin is only for autoremote really and having HS3 connect to tasker in one direction. I currently was using pushover to send messages to tasker which it then receives and pops up a camera still (if it was motion outside of the house) or does anything else based on what tasker reads from the pushover message. (tasker has a Pushover plugin)

I just seem to be running into alot of roadblocks and just like above the roadblocks lead me out of the plugins built in capability and back into my own tasks.

Certianly not everyone has more then one house so I'm probley in a special little world here but YES HStouch currently has the same issue and I'm not sure if HS will rectify the problem or what. Exiting HStouch to Reenter under a different user is rubbish (Imperihome doesn't do this). They must see the need for multiple HS3 servers which is why they offer My.HS pro with multiple users and systems. They just haven't put it all together yet.

Comment

Could you try to create 2 new users in myhs and only allow user1 to server 1 and user 2 to user2 and then test the account from tasker and see if it connect to correct server based on username?
                            If that is the case, then I think I can add some connection selection methods.

You posted faster then me. Yes this works and how I do it now.

Comment

HTML5

I know nothing about coding but I think ImperiHome is written in HTML5.
                              That's why it's a far superior app than HSTouch.

Read this :http://www.androidauthority.com/html...id-app-607214/

Bless me if am wrong

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X