Run a tasker profile from Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run a tasker profile from Homeseer?

Been searching for a while and can't seem to find it.

Is there any way to do this...

Motion triggers in HomeSeer
    event runs in HomeSeer sending a command to Tasker
    Tasker profile 'ABC' runs

Thanks
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Been searching for a while and can't seem to find it.

Is there any way to do this...

Motion triggers in HomeSeer
    event runs in HomeSeer sending a command to Tasker
    Tasker profile 'ABC' runs

Thanks
    Not sure if I understand you right but correct me if i'm wrong.

Create an event that listen on changes of you motion sensor.
    Then, Control a device, Select your tasker device.
    Select from the dropdown, premade functions or "Custom code"
    In the field, Set Device String to:
    If you have add your own Tasker TASK "ABC" (You can only trigger TASKS from here.)
    Then enter the following in above device string: ABC=yourdatawithoutspace=:=Any other text, could be very long.

In your ABC task, you can catch the variables from above whith %par1 & %par2
    So in this case, %par1=yourdatawithoutspace & %par2=Any other text, could be very long.

Hope it helps.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Perfect! Thank you.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm not quite following this. I want to run a Tasker task called WiFi On. Do I just enter "WiFi On" for the Custom Code?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          I'm not quite following this. I want to run a Tasker task called WiFi On. Do I just enter "WiFi On" for the Custom Code?
          Hi S-F, rename your task to uppercase without space. WIFION
          If you don't need to send any specific data from homeseer it should be fine to just send wifion in custom code.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Works like a charm! Thank you sir.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm sure I'm being a little dense but I'm not sure I understand. I got the tasker task to work from the HOME tab when controlling my tablet through the tasker plugin.

The problem I have when I try to create a HS task > control a device > Tasker tablet > Custom code

But when I choose custom code there is no place to set the device string. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by nvsmith2006 View Post
                I'm sure I'm being a little dense but I'm not sure I understand. I got the tasker task to work from the HOME tab when controlling my tablet through the tasker plugin.

The problem I have when I try to create a HS task > control a device > Tasker tablet > Custom code

But when I choose custom code there is no place to set the device string. What am I missing?
                If I'm not understand you wrong, you need to pass data from homeseer to your TASK?

If your Tasker TASK name is MYTASK and you need to send data into it.
                Send custom command: mytask=yourdatawithotanyspace=:=Here is your text.
                To the right side of the separator could also contain data like html or regular text
                Inside you Task MYTASK you can use the variable %par1 that contains the data left on the separator =:= and %par2 the content right on the separator.
                The variables will hold this data after you sent above custom code.
                %par1=yourdatawithotanyspace
                %par2=Here is your text.

You can also call multiple TASKS in same call.

mytask1=info1 mytask2=info2 mytask3=info3=:=Hello how are you.

MYTASK1
                %par1=info1
                %par2=Hello how are you.

MYTASK2
                %par1=info2
                %par2=Hello how are you.

MYTASK3
                %par1=info3
                %par2=Hello how are you.

If you need to send data from homeseer device you can use replacement variables ex.

This example only send the devicestring from reference 1149
                mytask=:=$$DTR:1149:

%par2 = the data that is stored in above devicestring.

You can also look inside the examples in HS3 Addons

Ex the TASK SMS
                Custom code:
                sms=123456789=:=Your message
                or
                sms=123456789=:=Warning the temperature in the hot tube is now below $$DVR:1149:
                If you also need to both send SMS and speech...
                say sms=123456789=:=Warning the temperature in the hot tube is now below$$DVR:1149:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tonlof; January 22, 2016, 11:39 AM.
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Yes Thank you! I'm all good to go now! Love this community

Comment

Working...
                  X