Send Local Command Failed Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Local Command Failed Error

I keep seeing this in the logs and not sure what is causing it. I don't have anything setup with local IP send right now, so not sure where it is coming from. All seems to be working, just with a little delay.

Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: () Try 1

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    I keep seeing this in the logs and not sure what is causing it. I don't have anything setup with local IP send right now, so not sure where it is coming from. All seems to be working, just with a little delay.

Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Dec-20 11:43:07 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: () Try 1
    Hi, check so you don't have any space or character in local ip field.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Ok I checked on all 4 of my devices that I use the tasker plugin on and even backspaced them all just to make sure... did a restart of the plugin and I am still seeing the error. I don't see anything leading up to it, other than the event that triggered (I use motion to turn on the screens around the house), and then the cryptic message that is sent out. Right after that I get the error.

I have been seeing this for a while, and the only reason I am concerned is because even though things do work (screen turns on), there is a huge delay. I tried to setup the local IP of each panel as well which didn't work, still got the same error. I did look at the INI settings file and saw there was a line there for local LAN, which had a weird IP in it that didn't match anything on my network, so changed it to the IP of the server, which had no affect.

What other things can I look at or send to you?

Comment

Found this info just now on a test post page in the logs (not sure how i got this )

Hope it helps (I only copied the stuff after my password to not have my API key hanging out in the wind):

speakerclient_269=unchecked&rooted_269=checked&cb_rooted_269 =on&google_push_269=checked&cb_google_push_269=on&localip_26 9=&Tasker_Tab269_ID=Kitchen_open

Comment

Found this info just now on a test post page in the logs (not sure how i got this )

Hope it helps (I only copied the stuff after my password to not have my API key hanging out in the wind):

speakerclient_269=unchecked&rooted_269=checked&cb_rooted_269 =on&google_push_269=checked&cb_google_push_269=on&localip_26 9=&Tasker_Tab269_ID=Kitchen_open
          Thanks Waynehead, one thing I react on is that there is a space in "localip_26 9=", or could it be when you copy/edit/paste?
          What version do you use?
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I am on 3.0.3.8. It must be the way its copied and pasted. I just tried again and don't see the space. It's happening to all of my tablets. I did another example from the one in our bathroom (also included a screenshot so you could see it raw minus sensitive info).

Test page postback data: name_662=Bathroom&api_662=REMOVED&speakerclient_662=unchecke d&rooted_662=checked&cb_rooted_662=on&google_push_662=checke d&cb_google_push_662=on&localip_662=&Tasker_Tab662_ID=Bathro om_open
            Attached Files

Comment

I am getting these as well. I notice a delay as well although the commands do come through.

Perhaps a bug?

Comment

I still get these frequently although things seem to work with a bit of delay, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                  I still get these frequently although things seem to work with a bit of delay, any ideas?

Is there a better method to get support this regarding the timeout errors.

It is happening on all of my clients and results in a delay before the commands are received.

Comment

You read my mind... I was about to ask for an update on what else was needed to move forward with this.

Comment

You read my mind... I was about to ask for an update on what else was needed to move forward with this.
                      I initially thought it was perhaps related to the android devices sleeping the wifi or something but I made sure that I have wakelock on all my android devices with wifi always on in HighSpeed mode.

Comment

Hi,

1. Is there delay on google cloud service or local connection or on both?
                        2. How long time is the delay?

Thanks
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I am not sure how to determine the ask. I can tell you from the time that HS gets the event to trigger a tasker event to something happening on the tablet usually is about 5 seconds. Looking in the logs at the time, to me it would seem the delay is happening because of this error (i think its checking local connection first which was never setup) before going to the cloud. I would like to set this up locally, but have been unsuccessful at doing that too with the same error as above.

Comment

I am not sure how to determine the ask. I can tell you from the time that HS gets the event to trigger a tasker event to something happening on the tablet usually is about 5 seconds. Looking in the logs at the time, to me it would seem the delay is happening because of this error (i think its checking local connection first which was never setup) before going to the cloud. I would like to set this up locally, but have been unsuccessful at doing that too with the same error as above.
                            Okay, I will check the local procedure and see if I can recreate it on my system. Thanks
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I found a issue where the empty local-ip textbox did not shown empty.
                              Could you test with 3.0.3.9 in the updater under beta?
                              Thanks
                              --
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                              X