Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasker and restarting HSTouch

Hi:

I'm new to tasker, but I have been able to install this excellent plugin and tasker and have
    been able to get my tablets to turn screen off when no motion detected (from motion sensors) for a period of time.

I do seem to have a problem that HSTouch seems to choke up and freeze once every 2 days or so.
    I was trying to write a tasker profile that would restart the HSTouch app every 12 hours or so , but I seem to be having trouble.

I created a task with the action set to "launch app" of HSTouch but nothing seems to happen, When I use it to launch some other apps ( say NYTimes) it does launch appropriately but not HSTouch.

This seems to be a problem in tasker , not the plugin because I get the problem running the profile locally at the tablet.

Any ideas why HSTouch may behave differently? and is there any way to restart it periodically?
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Hi jjsmd,

If you are not using HSTouch outside your network, then try use your local connection for HSTouch and use your MyHSconnect for Tasker. We did find some problems like you are getting some time back. Read this post here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...43#post1180243

In my case I had to uninstall HSTouch because I was not using it that much on the phone. But regardless all that I use MyHSconnect on the iPad and use DDNS for Tasker. What I think is the MyHSconnect server is causing that even though you paid for multiple connections. The web server alone is sticky.

I have 32gb of ram and a processor of 8 cores in my server dedicated to HomeSeer but they don't make things any faster on the web server remotely or locally. But everything else, like events and button presses on HSTouch once connected are instant. Cameras on HSTouch are also sticky!

I hope I was of some help.

Eman.
    Last edited by Eman; January 19, 2016, 07:06 AM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
      Hi:

I'm new to tasker, but I have been able to install this excellent plugin and tasker and have
      been able to get my tablets to turn screen off when no motion detected (from motion sensors) for a period of time.

I do seem to have a problem that HSTouch seems to choke up and freeze once every 2 days or so.
      I was trying to write a tasker profile that would restart the HSTouch app every 12 hours or so , but I seem to be having trouble.

I created a task with the action set to "launch app" of HSTouch but nothing seems to happen, When I use it to launch some other apps ( say NYTimes) it does launch appropriately but not HSTouch.

This seems to be a problem in tasker , not the plugin because I get the problem running the profile locally at the tablet.

Any ideas why HSTouch may behave differently? and is there any way to restart it periodically?
      I have a simple task for my tablets that do what I think you're asking for jjsmd.

Every night at around 4:00 am or so tasker kills the HSTouch app then re-opens HSTouch.
      App>Kill App

As I understand it though this is only sorta like a "soft reset". If you really want to kill the app (completely close it and open it again like you swiped it away) you will need root access on the tablet. If you have root access you can use "secure settings" addon through tasker to kill the app.

If you still want to completely kill the app without root, it gets a little convoluted. I have seen this video that I've been meaning to test out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yii4EWdxXPo

Comment

Working...
      X