News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    This would be less on the tasker side and more on the Homeseer Plugin side.

Essentially your Homeseer plugin would create a standard set of virtual devices each time an android device is added. You could either build a function into Tasker to "push" updates to these virtual devices on a regular basis or you could write some code within the homeseer plugin to "pull" tasker for this info.

I suggest that these be standard:
    • Screen (either off on)
    • Battery Level (%)
    • Wifi (shows current Access point connected too)
    • System Audio Level (%)
    • Media Audio Level (%)
    • Bluetooth Audio Level (%)

Initially these devices could be used for informational purposes, if you wanted to expand the functionality you could allow for control of these directly. For instance for the Media Audio Level device, you could add a slider that would directly control the media volume on your device.

Additionally you could allow better homeseer event support by adding triggers and conditions that can be built into regular homeseer events
    I will definitely look into this further
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Playing arround with some coding.
      Is this what you are looking for, and in the future buttons on each child device.
      Please let me know if you have any suggestions of naming the child, address etc.
      Since the plugin always sends the deviceref and save it in tasker global variable %MyRef it may be usefull to call the tasker update by calling the address.
      Ex. TASKER-%MyRef-NETWORK will call the device TASKER-2080-NETWORK

Root device may also be used as status of received command.
      When sending new command it may store devicestring with "Sent command" and devicevalue 0
      When tasker receive the command it will try to send hello back as confirmation and set root devicevalue to 1 and devicestring to Sent ok.
      Attached Files
      --
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        Playing arround with some coding.
        Is this what you are looking for, and in the future buttons on each child device.
        Please let me know if you have any suggestions of naming the child, address etc.
        Since the plugin always sends the deviceref and save it in tasker global variable %MyRef it may be usefull to call the tasker update by calling the address.
        Ex. TASKER-%MyRef-NETWORK will call the device TASKER-2080-NETWORK

Root device may also be used as status of received command.
        When sending new command it may store devicestring with "Sent command" and devicevalue 0
        When tasker receive the command it will try to send hello back as confirmation and set root devicevalue to 1 and devicestring to Sent ok.
        Hi tonlof,

I think you are almost there. The status, room, floor and time columns are missing as viewed in the HomeSeer web admin page. I don't know if this what I'm looking at.

Are you also going to include the apps mentioned at the beginning of this post as part of this project? That would be awesome! Having multiple apps sending data to one plugin just like the PHLocation plugin

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Hi tonlof,

I think you are almost there. The status, room, floor and time columns are missing as viewed in the HomeSeer web admin page. I don't know if this what I'm looking at.

Are you also going to include the apps mentioned at the beginning of this post as part of this project? That would be awesome! Having multiple apps sending data to one plugin just like the PHLocation plugin

Eman.
          Hi Eman, I'm just playing around with coding of root/child separately so the code is not implemented in the Tasker plugin yet.
          Yes I crop the image since there was nothing to show on room/floor/time.
          It will be apps in the future, I will focus on better connection between the device and hs3, better setup.
          I am stuck with the stand-alone application that runs as a background service, it does not work with HS3 incorrect certificates so now I'm not sure if I will use it as engine instead of tasker. The orginal plugin has been messy and need to be rewritten so I have start coding Tasker plugin from scratch where I now have add root/child functions. I will also add events.
          Is there any need of the pre-buttons on the tasker device if events is added?
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Good work tonlof,
            You can do much with the status and the events because you hardly ever want to control your systems from the web interface.

Eman.

Comment

Event action, here is how I plan to implement event action.
              Select one or multiple commands in same push message.
              Attached Files
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Wow!,

Are you also going to implement the video streaming? What you have done so far is cool!

Eman.

Comment

Wow!,

Are you also going to implement the video streaming? What you have done so far is cool!

Eman.
                  Yes, I will add more commands but I want to get a structure to work on. I have decide to rebuild the plugin from scratch.
                  I will also look into event triggers, setup listen words to trigger an event from tasker.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi tonlof,

Please keep up the good work and maybe one more question, is possible for situation for log level detection whereby if fatal or priority you can receive a message so you can act on it?
                    It would be nice if the messages were auto generated from error log itself.

I don't know if I'm asking too much.

Eman.

Comment

Hi tonlof,

Please keep up the good work and maybe one more question, is possible for situation for log level detection whereby if fatal or priority you can receive a message so you can act on it?
                      It would be nice if the messages were auto generated from error log itself.

I don't know if I'm asking too much.

Eman.
                      Not sure if I understand, are you talking about to have event trigger to act on hs3 tasker plugin error?
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Not sure if I understand, are you talking about to have event trigger to act on hs3 tasker plugin error?
                        No, I meant the HomeSeer log in general. So if an error occurs then HomeSeer would use the Tasker plugin to send the text message with the error log snippet.
                        There was once a HS2 backup plugin which would send the last 10 lines of the HomeSeer log. Something to do with "hs.writelog" I don't know if this possible.

Eman.

Comment

No, I meant the HomeSeer log in general. So if an error occurs then HomeSeer would use the Tasker plugin to send the text message with the error log snippet.
                          There was once a HS2 backup plugin which would send the last 10 lines of the HomeSeer log. I don't know if this possible.
                          Eman.
                          Aha okay, I think it's possible but have no clue right now how to listen on the logfile from memory other than reading the logfile every x seconds.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

There was once a HS2 backup plugin which would send the last 10 lines of the HomeSeer log. Something to do with "hs.writelog" I don't know if this possible.
                            Eman.
                            Check out Jon00 Homeseer Log Monitor for Homeseer 3
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Check out Jon00 Homeseer Log Monitor for Homeseer 3
                              Yes of course, something like that. I had look and it uses the Pushover plugin which I already use. So I think if the same information could be forwarded by the Tasker plugin but then again I don't know if Jon00 should be the one to do this.

I will look again and see how it works. Nice one!

Eman.

Comment

So what's new in 3.0.4.0?
                                Originally posted by rprade
                                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
                                X