News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News

Hello dear users, I just want to share what I'm working on.
    • New application to make the setup easier, diagnostic etc.
    • New engine
    • The new engine will support standalone apps without need of tasker for simple things.

Standalone apps that I'm thinking of to create that will support communicating with Hs3 Tasker plugin.

• Motion detection
    • Detection of face
    • Color detection
    • IOIO Integration
    • Speechdroid
    • Videostream player
    • OCR Scanner
    • GoPro Controller

Highest priority is to make a more userfriendly connection setup.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Tony,
    You are doing a great job with this plugin. I use it for several events and etc.

I have two small issues that would be great to have implemented in the next release if you can.
    do not have a debug select but still getting these errors on my log. I do get them every 2 minutes or so.

Would it be possible to check if a command went thru successful or not? I have a task running on my phone that when I arrive or depart from my house, it updates a virtual device. Unfortunately it works 70% of the times, it would be great if you could build a retry/check feature in it. Otherwise keep up with a fantastic job.

an-30 11:17:18 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-30 11:17:18 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
    Jan-30 11:17:18 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-30 11:17:18 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: (192.168.0.16)

Comment

That sending local command failed, I have that too from time to time, but the command is received on that device and the task is running, so it's only annoying in the HS log.

Further I'm glad to use this plugin. I'm looking forward to new features.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
        That sending local command failed, I have that too from time to time, but the command is received on that device and the task is running, so it's only annoying in the HS log.

Further I'm glad to use this plugin. I'm looking forward to new features.
        Hello Rutger, I may fix the log message with a small update.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Above logs disabled in Beta 3.0.4.0
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi there,

I think those are great ideas and most importantly the fixing of any bugs or connection related bugs. Making setup easier and more streamlined is important as well.

Currently we can manually create devices to represent status on our android tablets/phones (like battery level, screen state, wifi connection, system/media volume etc.)

I think it would be a great idea to have the plugin natively create these homeseer devices as child devices to the main tasker device that gets created for each android phone or tablet.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post

I think it would be a great idea to have the plugin natively create these homeseer devices as child devices to the main tasker device that gets created for each android phone or tablet.

Thoughts?

Great idea if possible!
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                Hi there,

I think those are great ideas and most importantly the fixing of any bugs or connection related bugs. Making setup easier and more streamlined is important as well.

Currently we can manually create devices to represent status on our android tablets/phones (like battery level, screen state, wifi connection, system/media volume etc.)

Thoughts?
                Really great idea Skarragallagher. Do you have any idea how you would trigger this from Tasker?
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi tonlof,

I suppose you are not using the PHLocation plug-in? This plug-in creates devices as skarragallagher is asking for. Would this mean a complete redesign of your code? that is for you to answer. But I think that's what he is asking
                  The author did a great job doing this.

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                    Hi tonlof,

I suppose you are not using the PHLocation plug-in? This plug-in creates devices as skarragallagher is asking for. Would this mean a complete redesign of your code? that is for you to answer. But I think that's what he is asking
                    The author did a great job doing this.

Eman.
                    No I don't use it so I have no idea of what is does. I may take a look and see how it's working. So it may be enought to create child devices from the plugin manually and not automatic from tasker.
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                      No I don't use it so I have no idea of what is does. I may take a look and see how it's working. So it may be enought to create child devices from the plugin manually and not automatic from tasker.
                      So in comparison to your new proposed plug-in with:

Motion detection
                      Detection of face
                      Color detection
                      IOIO Integration
                      Speechdroid
                      Videostream player
                      OCR Scanner
                      GoPro Controller

The PHLocation plug-in has external apps reporting to the devices inside HomeSeer.

So what your plug-in would do for the items listed above in a similar situation. It could be a big ask

Eman.

Comment

It's just like with a door lock or thermostat. One master device that's more or less a place holder and a bunch of grouped child devices that all have a single and unique purpose. That sounds like a great idea.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          It's just like with a door lock or thermostat. One master device that's more or less a place holder and a bunch of grouped child devices that all have a single and unique purpose. That sounds like a great idea.
                          I will look into this, what pre-child names do you want to be created?
                          Phonecall
                          Sms
                          Address
                          Battery
                          Screenstatus/Keygard status
                          Light Level
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

More here:
                            Wifi

Bluetooth

Mobile Data

Sync

And may be Power Saving

Then it could be cool to control these states from HomeSeer depending on Time, State and also Location. I can also say you can do all these inside Tasker but it's that link into HomeSeer what we are asking for. It could be a big ask!

Eman.
                            Last edited by Eman; March 22, 2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Really great idea Skarragallagher. Do you have any idea how you would trigger this from Tasker?
                              This would be less on the tasker side and more on the Homeseer Plugin side.

Essentially your Homeseer plugin would create a standard set of virtual devices each time an android device is added. You could either build a function into Tasker to "push" updates to these virtual devices on a regular basis or you could write some code within the homeseer plugin to "pull" tasker for this info.

I suggest that these be standard:
                              • Screen (either off on)
                              • Battery Level (%)
                              • Wifi (shows current Access point connected too)
                              • System Audio Level (%)
                              • Media Audio Level (%)
                              • Bluetooth Audio Level (%)

Initially these devices could be used for informational purposes, if you wanted to expand the functionality you could allow for control of these directly. For instance for the Media Audio Level device, you could add a slider that would directly control the media volume on your device.

Additionally you could allow better homeseer event support by adding triggers and conditions that can be built into regular homeseer events

Comment

Working...
                              X