Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request

Hi Tonlof,

I have been working with your plugin for a while. I wanted to bring a few bugs to your attention and request some additional features.

Bugs:

Your setup screens that you use to configure the "home network" and "setup" don't work well in a landscape orientation. In fact the one where you configure the WIFI it is impossible to use in a landscape orientation because the layout stacks the save button underneath the load SSID button making it impossible to save without rotating the device. This becomes an issue when I have all of tablets wall mounted forcing me to remove and reattach just to configure the settings.

I realize this is a one time thing however I was recently forced to rollback my Nexus7's to 4.4.4 because of performance issues.

Next, I continue to run into an issue (even on rooted tablets) where the "screen off" and "screen on" status pairs are not created upon adding a new device. Eventually they seem to be added at some point in time (with either a android device reboot or Homeseer Server reboot) but I usually end up manually adding the device pairs (4, and 5). I have experienced this with every tablet that I own. There is obviously some bug in the creation of the pairs.

Requests:
    Ability to backup and restore the "My Own" section

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    Hi Tonlof,

I have been working with your plugin for a while. I wanted to bring a few bugs to your attention and request some additional features.

Bugs:

Your setup screens that you use to configure the "home network" and "setup" don't work well in a landscape orientation. In fact the one where you configure the WIFI it is impossible to use in a landscape orientation because the layout stacks the save button underneath the load SSID button making it impossible to save without rotating the device. This becomes an issue when I have all of tablets wall mounted forcing me to remove and reattach just to configure the settings.

I realize this is a one time thing however I was recently forced to rollback my Nexus7's to 4.4.4 because of performance issues.

Next, I continue to run into an issue (even on rooted tablets) where the "screen off" and "screen on" status pairs are not created upon adding a new device. Eventually they seem to be added at some point in time (with either a android device reboot or Homeseer Server reboot) but I usually end up manually adding the device pairs (4, and 5). I have experienced this with every tablet that I own. There is obviously some bug in the creation of the pairs.

Requests:
    Ability to backup and restore the "My Own" section
    Hello skarragallagher, the setup wizzard will be replaced by a separate app in next version together with diagnostic and logs. In meanwhile you can edit the .dat files in tasker folder that contains your host, loginname etc.

Thank you for noticing the pairs issue, I will look into this.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
    X