Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup Problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setup Problems

    This is the third time in the last month or so that I set up the plugin. I think I am running into trouble from data left over from old setups. Here is what I know:

    I can't generate a device in Tasker plugin setup. I get "Autoremote URL is misspelled". There is already a device in Homeseer with the Name 'Tasker Configuration'. I didn't create that device, at least not this time. It has the "don't delete - important" note on it. AutoRemote and Tasker are communicating just fine. I can send them a message from HomeSeer but it shows up "Received Notification from Unknown".

    I noticed you asked someone else about the configuration files in the Tasker folder. I have 'myhs_connection.dat' and 'ssid.dat' but no 'hs3_connection.dat'. There is a 'connection_method.dat'.

    The log entries look like this:

    4/23/2016 4:47:32 PM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
    4/23/2016 4:47:32 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:47:37 PM - DEBUG: strword=&id=
    4/23/2016 4:48:31 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:48:41 PM - DEBUG: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41a5dd00 + 0x00197> in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x41a9a6a0 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0
    at HSPI_TASKER.TaskerUtil.GetAPI (System.String sURL, System.String UserAgent, Int32 Timeout) <0x41a91320 + 0x00213> in <filename unknown>:0
    4/23/2016 4:48:41 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:48:42 PM - DEBUG: strword=new_

    Is <filename unknown> the missing config file?

  • #2
    Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
    This is the third time in the last month or so that I set up the plugin. I think I am running into trouble from data left over from old setups. Here is what I know:

    I can't generate a device in Tasker plugin setup. I get "Autoremote URL is misspelled". There is already a device in Homeseer with the Name 'Tasker Configuration'. I didn't create that device, at least not this time. It has the "don't delete - important" note on it. AutoRemote and Tasker are communicating just fine. I can send them a message from HomeSeer but it shows up "Received Notification from Unknown".

    I noticed you asked someone else about the configuration files in the Tasker folder. I have 'myhs_connection.dat' and 'ssid.dat' but no 'hs3_connection.dat'. There is a 'connection_method.dat'.

    The log entries look like this:

    4/23/2016 4:47:32 PM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
    4/23/2016 4:47:32 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:47:37 PM - DEBUG: strword=&id=
    4/23/2016 4:48:31 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:48:41 PM - DEBUG: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41a5dd00 + 0x00197> in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x41a9a6a0 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0
    at HSPI_TASKER.TaskerUtil.GetAPI (System.String sURL, System.String UserAgent, Int32 Timeout) <0x41a91320 + 0x00213> in <filename unknown>:0
    4/23/2016 4:48:41 PM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
    4/23/2016 4:48:42 PM - DEBUG: strword=new_

    Is <filename unknown> the missing config file?
    Hi mikaluch, if you paste the url that you try to add in the textfield to add new device into a regular browser, do you get the webpage for your device or any error.

    You can create your own hs3_connection.dat if tasker have failed to create it. The file should have 5 lines. Last line have option off/on if you use ssl or not.
    Your name
    Your Username to HS3
    Your Password
    your IP or url to HS3 without http:// or https://
    off

    ex.
    Mike
    mike
    12345678
    192.168.1.10:81
    off
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hi mikaluch, if you paste the url that you try to add in the textfield to add new device into a regular browser, do you get the webpage for your device or any error.
      I receive in AutoRemote: "Received message with invalid password from Unknown!" and "Received Message from Unknown. Text: "my message"".

      Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Your name
      Your Username to HS3
      Your Password
      your IP or url to HS3 without http:// or https://
      off
      Okay. I ran the Tasker "Setup Connection (Run Me)" with dynamic dns instead of MyHomeseer and it created the hs3_connection.dat correctly.

      myhs_connection.dat looks like this:
      name
      myhsID (email address - has been added as user in Homeseer)
      myhspassword (from myhs registration - works for HSTouch)
      connected2.homeseer.com
      on

      ssid.dat:
      SSID of my wireless network (same network my phone is on)
      IPaddress:443 the local IP address of my Homeseer computer
      on (I do use SSL although I do not use Homeseer SSL. I run Nginx as a proxy and run Homeseer on a high port binded to localhost)


      Does the Tasker plugin create the "Tasker Configuration" device in Homeseer or is that leftover from an earlier install?


      Edit: I just noticed in the Homeseer log "Web Server authorized login successful from: 127.0.0.1 User: (the user in 'hs3_connection.dat')
      That is the same log entry I get when I log in to the Web Server from a browser.
      Last edited by mikaluch; April 24th, 2016, 10:56 AM. Reason: New Info

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi mikaluch, "invalid password" you ned to use same password in autoremote and for the api message.

        "Tasker Configuration" is still used by the plugin.

        In your last edit post it seems that you success with the connection to hs3 but does the plugin respond on your commands. If not, check that you have almost same time on the hs3 computer as the phone.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes. Commands sent to Homeseer from Tasker work.

          I still get "AutoRemote URL Misspelled" when I try to create a Tasker device in Homeseer.

          The time is the same on my computers and my phone and in Homeseer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
            Yes. Commands sent to Homeseer from Tasker work.

            I still get "AutoRemote URL Misspelled" when I try to create a Tasker device in Homeseer.

            The time is the same on my computers and my phone and in Homeseer.
            Are you sure that you enter the whole url correct including http://goo.gl/
            Check for any space and if numbers/character are 100% matching.
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

            Comment


            • #7
              You don't have to enter http:// - the plugin fills that part into the "Paste Tasker URL:" box for you. I'm only typing in six characters and I've checked it in AutoRemote and tried in Homeseer many times. I just did again:

              4/24/2016 10:21:52 AM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
              4/24/2016 10:21:52 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
              4/24/2016 10:21:57 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:22:00 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:22:05 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:22:09 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:22:32 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:24:10 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
              4/24/2016 10:35:16 AM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
              4/24/2016 10:35:16 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
              4/24/2016 10:35:21 AM - DEBUG: strword=&id=
              4/24/2016 10:40:45 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
              4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
              at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41de92d0 + 0x00197> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x41de3ef0 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0
              at HSPI_TASKER.TaskerUtil.GetAPI (System.String sURL, System.String UserAgent, Int32 Timeout) <0x41ddab70 + 0x00213> in <filename unknown>:0
              4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
              4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: strword=new_

              Comment


              • #8
                I notice in .../HomeSeer/Config/tl-tasker/

                I have:
                tl_tasker_settings.ini
                tl_tasker_events.ini

                But there is no:
                tl_tasker_devices.ini.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                  You don't have to enter http:// - the plugin fills that part into the "Paste Tasker URL:" box for you. I'm only typing in six characters and I've checked it in AutoRemote and tried in Homeseer many times. I just did again:

                  4/24/2016 10:21:52 AM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
                  4/24/2016 10:21:52 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
                  4/24/2016 10:21:57 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:22:00 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:22:05 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:22:09 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:22:32 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:24:10 AM - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                  4/24/2016 10:35:16 AM - DEBUG: Entering Webpage:Tasker Setup
                  4/24/2016 10:35:16 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
                  4/24/2016 10:35:21 AM - DEBUG: strword=&id=
                  4/24/2016 10:40:45 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
                  4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
                  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41de92d0 + 0x00197> in <filename unknown>:0
                  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x41de3ef0 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0
                  at HSPI_TASKER.TaskerUtil.GetAPI (System.String sURL, System.String UserAgent, Int32 Timeout) <0x41ddab70 + 0x00213> in <filename unknown>:0
                  4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: Listing all Tasker devices
                  4/24/2016 10:40:55 AM - DEBUG: strword=new_
                  You are correct it paste the http://goo.gl/ but it's important that you don't get any space or misspelled characters/numbers
                  Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                  --
                  Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                  Tonlof | Sweden

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                    I notice in .../HomeSeer/Config/tl-tasker/

                    I have:
                    tl_tasker_settings.ini
                    tl_tasker_events.ini

                    But there is no:
                    tl_tasker_devices.ini.
                    All devices is saved in hs3 database including all extra parameters.
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There are no spaces or incorrect characters. I have checked many times and just did again. I can type the URL into a browser and it works.

                      Is the URL stored anywhere in Homeseer or the Tasker plugin? I suspect there is an old URL stored somewhere causing the problem.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                        There are no spaces or incorrect characters. I have checked many times and just did again. I can type the URL into a browser and it works.

                        Is the URL stored anywhere in Homeseer or the Tasker plugin? I suspect there is an old URL stored somewhere causing the problem.
                        OK, the url is not saved. When the webpage is loaded successfully it will fetch the apikey and store it in the device.
                        Are you running Windows OS?
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Linux. Lubuntu 14.04. I installed HS3 and Tasker plugin previously on this version and it worked. I am trying with a different phone now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                            Linux. Lubuntu 14.04. I installed HS3 and Tasker plugin previously on this version and it worked. I am trying with a different phone now.
                            OK, have no experience with linux but I have google your error <filename unknown>:0 and it may seems to be releated to mono?
                            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                            --
                            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                            Tonlof | Sweden

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I read those. They suggested adding --runtime=4.0 (I also tried 4.2) to the 'mono /usr/yourapp'. I edited .../HomeSeer/go to do that. Same problem. I installed mono-devel. Same problem. I installed mono-complete. Same problem.

                              So I uninstalled the Tasker plugin, deleted some leftover files, and reinstalled. I tried this once already but this time I found some files in the Grammar directory that looked like they were related. I deleted those also. Reinstalled Tasker plugin. Voila! Device created.

                              Now to restore to the backup I made before I installed all the extra mono files and repeat.

                              Thanks for your help and prompt attention.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X