Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Tasker HS3 plugin setup

I followed your instructions, everything worked fine up to this point:

Go to the tools menu, press Broadcast IP to all devices.
    You should now get a notification message on your
    android device with message.
    New IPaddress
    is now saved.
    Externl IP:443/Internal IP:443

I do not have the 'tools' menu as you can see

Attached Files
    Last edited by mikee123; June 1, 2016, 05:13 AM.

Pretty sure those are old instructions and the doc needs to be updated. I haven't seen the tools tab in any recent release. If you follow all the other directions though it should work fine.

Comment

It is working from HS3 to my device. I havent tried controlling HS3 from tasker yet. Still trying to find how I can simply turn a device on HS3 on or off....

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        It is working from HS3 to my device. I havent tried controlling HS3 from tasker yet. Still trying to find how I can simply turn a device on HS3 on or off....
        There are some sample tasks in there (I am assuming you've downloaded and imported everything into Tasker?) .I actually use a mix of the Tasker profiles and JSON.

Here's an example of turning on a lamp in a task:

1. Variable Set
        Name: %HSSetdevicestring To On
        2. Variable Set
        Name: %HSSetdevicevalue To 255
        3. Variable Set
        Name: %HsRef To 10

The HsRef is what tells the HS3 Engine which device to send the command to. You can get the device reference #s from the "List Device Ref" tab in the tasker plugin, or you can hover your mouse over the device url in the device management page and look for http://serveraddress/deviceutility?ref=303&edit=1

To run an event use the %HSCommand and set it to the name of the event. No spaces. For instance:

1. Variable Set
        Name: %HSCommand To Desk_Lamp_Toggle

I will try and write up a simple tutorial later this evening (much later it's a long day for me) and will post the link. There are a ton of tasks in the profiles that get installed and it's confusing. Once you weed out all of the stuff you don't actually need it's pretty simple and you can just copy the tasks, rename and change the device references.

Comment

I have been playing with the on off sample. By changing the ref to the ref of my virtual switch, and setting the devicevalue to 100 (or 0) I could turn that virtual switch on and off. Instead of setting devicevalue to 100 could I instead set the devicestring to on or off ?
          That is the confusing (at the moment as this is all new to me) bit, what do all these variables do.
          But I am happy to wait if you are going to write something, the main thing for the moment was being able to turn that virtual switch on or off, and I've achieved that. I had a lot of things tasker was controlling on my Vera, and I am now slowly rewriting and recreating that for HS3.
          So far I am impressed, everything is a lot more powerful on HS3

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            I have been playing with the on off sample. By changing the ref to the ref of my virtual switch, and setting the devicevalue to 100 (or 0) I could turn that virtual switch on and off. Instead of setting devicevalue to 100 could I instead set the devicestring to on or off ?
            That is the confusing (at the moment as this is all new to me) bit, what do all these variables do.
            But I am happy to wait if you are going to write something, the main thing for the moment was being able to turn that virtual switch on or off, and I've achieved that. I had a lot of things tasker was controlling on my Vera, and I am now slowly rewriting and recreating that for HS3.
            So far I am impressed, everything is a lot more powerful on HS3

Hi mikee123,

If you read down, or previous posts in this forum (Tasker Plugin (3P)), your questions have already been answered. Most of if not everything is there. If anything gets too technical then ask and help will be at hand.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X