No announcement yet.

Device control from Tasker not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure where speech proxy is, I do not see that.
    In the tasker plugin under devices, my phone has speaker client unticked, and I did not have any 'speak' messages via the phone. Until today. And tasker on my phone uses a female english voice. These speak messages came in a american male voice.
    I had all the TTS and speak messages without anything before them, and first of all it worked then it stopped working. I did always get the toast on the tablet, just no sound. All sounds were turned up to max. I have posted tasker plugin and tasker android debug logs on here a few posts before.
    Then I tried adding <media>, still didnt work. Then I tried <alarm> and <notification> and they both work. I have now changed all speak and TTS to <notification> and so far so good. My phone has also stopped speaking those messages.
    Maybe just a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      I am not sure where speech proxy is, I do not see that.
      In the tasker plugin under devices, my phone has speaker client unticked, and I did not have any 'speak' messages via the phone. Until today. And tasker on my phone uses a female english voice. These speak messages came in a american male voice.
      I had all the TTS and speak messages without anything before them, and first of all it worked then it stopped working. I did always get the toast on the tablet, just no sound. All sounds were turned up to max. I have posted tasker plugin and tasker android debug logs on here a few posts before.
      Then I tried adding <media>, still didnt work. Then I tried <alarm> and <notification> and they both work. I have now changed all speak and TTS to <notification> and so far so good. My phone has also stopped speaking those messages.
      Maybe just a glitch.
      Ok strange, speech proxy should be visible in Tasker plugin under Settings tab. What version are you running?
      To locate your issue I think it could be good if you create a simple tasker task with simple SAY command, try different stream with and without audio focus. This will not involve hs3 tasker plugin but could get you an idea of the speech function from tasker.
      The toast you are describing, are they from autoremote or from tasker with Debug set to 1? You can disable the incomming tosts in autoremote, even if Tasker is disabled you will get the tost if it's enabled in autoremote but nothing will be triggered.
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tasker plugin 3.0.3.3, on the Android 4.8u4m
        I will try the say commands tonight and report back
        The toast I am getting is from autoremote, I have enabled this for debugging purposes so I can see if anything is being sent
        I have disabled debug now, I had it enabled when I posted the log file

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Tablet 1 e.g ref ID 100 : This is the device you create first which is referenced in Tasker.
          Then create a task on the Android device with Variable set =
          %HSSetdevicestring to %BATT (This wiill show the value which will show in HomeSeer)
          %HsRef to 100 (This is the device ID no. in HomeSeer and it's chosen by HomeSeer Sysem)

The time the tablet updates the device is upto you or you can choose 5min in Tasker. Now let HomeSeer do the rest. In other words create an event in HomeSeer which tracks the status of the device "100" if it reaches 100% to turn off the charging point which could be your Lightwave or Z-wave

Eman.
          I have done above, but there is a problem. Setting the device string, I can create a event (with the easytrigger plugin) which triggers when the device string is 100 to turn the charger off. But I cannot get a event to work when the string is <20, or even for the off >98. So I tried setting a devicevalue instead, with a event condition if value <20. But that triggers all the time as the device is 'on' when I look in the advanced tab
          Any ideas of how I could get round that ?

Comment

I have done above, but there is a problem. Setting the device string, I can create a event (with the easytrigger plugin) which triggers when the device string is 100 to turn the charger off. But I cannot get a event to work when the string is <20, or even for the off >98. So I tried setting a devicevalue instead, with a event condition if value <20. But that triggers all the time as the device is 'on' when I look in the advanced tab
            Any ideas of how I could get round that ?
            Don't use the < or > when creating your events. Just use the values only.

e.g "IF Tasker Tasker Plugin Eman-Phone Battery Level's string changes and becomes 50" to power on and another event for power off when it's 100

More here how use Esy Trigger plugin :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173836

I assume that your tablet is always connected to the power outlet.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

The tablet is always connected to the power, its supposed to turn its charger off when fully charged and turn it on when its 20% or below. I tried below event but that didnt work either
              Attached Files

Comment

The tablet is always connected to the power, its supposed to turn its charger off when fully charged and turn it on when its 20% or below. I tried below event but that didnt work either
                Don't over complicate things. There is a slight chance that the system does not know if your socket is on or off. What I mean is that don't create conditional events. But simple as I stated previously.
                One more thing though is to keep the timing with in the confines of the update times. Example if you wanted a value of 20 but your update time overlaps it and your next update a few min after to say a value of 25 then you will have missed the trigger. But if you look at the Easy Trigger plugin you can do that too with ranges.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; June 25, 2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Tasker Battery Charging Integration with HomeSeer

1)This one is spot on or accurate because it only needs 2 manually triggered events on HomeSeer, one for ON and the other for OFF.
                  Choose your socket, Lightwave or Z-wave and set your events as normal.

2) On Tasker create your PROFILE choosing Event --> Power --> Battery Changed --> TASK (give it a name like "Battery Charging") --> and setup as in the image below.

This works better because you don't miss the update time trap.

Note: You could also set other things in the task like %HSSetdevicestring to "Battery Charging", %HsRef to xxx (The divice you created) and % HSCommand to DeviceUpdate before the "Else If " And %HSSetdevicestring to "Charging Off", %HsRef to xxx (The same device no.) and % HSCommand to DeviceUpdate before the "End If"

I have not tested this part but I think it works and hope if someone else can jump in if there is a better way.

Eman.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Eman; June 26, 2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Triggering a event from tasker worked. It will not switch the charger direct (no idea why), but if I trigger the event to turn the charger on/off that works.
                    Problem solved. Great. On to the next problem...

Comment

Working...
                    X