HSSetdevicevalue stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSSetdevicevalue stopped working

I have had this before on my tablet, it used to switch its charger on or off with HSSetdevicevalue and HSRef. One day it stopped working. I found a workaround with creating an event on HS3 and trigger that with HSCommand. That works fine. Yesterday my other tablet stopped switching its charger. Today my phone did not switch a virtual switch which has worked for weeks. Whatever device I try to switch, it doesn't work. Again, if I trigger a event to switch the device it works.
    My tablets are in the local network, my phone is too when at home otherwise connects remotely, the error is local as well as remotely.
    Looking at the HS3 logs, there is nothing when I try to set a device from tasker, so no command arrives, that must be the problem, tasker not sending the HSSetdevicevalue.
    There must be something wrong with the plugin. Even though I can get round this by creating and triggering events, it would be good if I have the option of switching devices as it was possible before. And I have tried changing from 0 to OFF, On, 100, 255.... it does not work any more.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have had this before on my tablet, it used to switch its charger on or off with HSSetdevicevalue and HSRef. One day it stopped working. I found a workaround with creating an event on HS3 and trigger that with HSCommand. That works fine. Yesterday my other tablet stopped switching its charger. Today my phone did not switch a virtual switch which has worked for weeks. Whatever device I try to switch, it doesn't work. Again, if I trigger a event to switch the device it works.
    My tablets are in the local network, my phone is too when at home otherwise connects remotely, the error is local as well as remotely.
    Looking at the HS3 logs, there is nothing when I try to set a device from tasker, so no command arrives, that must be the problem, tasker not sending the HSSetdevicevalue.
    There must be something wrong with the plugin. Even though I can get round this by creating and triggering events, it would be good if I have the option of switching devices as it was possible before. And I have tried changing from 0 to OFF, On, 100, 255.... it does not work any more.

If by any chance you are rebuilding your system as you said here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182403 then alot of things have changed including your %HsRef (device referance) has changed. Just with caution follow all previous posts you created. And all the answers are in there.

Eman.
    Last edited by Eman; June 29th, 2016, 01:50 PM.
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

I have obviously updated all the Refs to the new device Refs, I am aware that they have changed... and this started before the system crashed.
      So if I try to control any device with a current device ref its not working.
      If I use a event it works.

Comment

There is a beta plugin in the updater. Have you tried that?
        And please don't send dimming values like 255 to relays or sockets. Use values of 0 for off or 1 for on.
        There is also the last part of %HSCommand to DeviceUpdate

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; June 29th, 2016, 04:52 PM.
        The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          There is a beta plugin in the updater. Have you tried that?
          And please don't send diming values like 255 to relays or sockets. Use values of 0 for off or 1 for on.
          There is also the last part of %HSCommand to DeviceUpdate

Eman.
          OK I must have misunderstood a few things. I did try 0 and OFF for off, that dint work. I tried 100 or 255 for ON, I never tried 1.
          But I never used %HSCommand to DeviceUpdate
          Does that need any variables, or do I just put it after HSSetdevicevariable and HSRef ?

Comment

OK I must have misunderstood a few things. I did try 0 and OFF for off, that dint work. I tried 100 or 255 for ON, I never tried 1.
            But I never used %HSCommand to DeviceUpdate
            Does that need any variables, or do I just put it after HSSetdevicevariable and HSRef ?
            Setup as in the image below.
            The update part is for the string if you used it. You can also add other things in the same task if you wish.

Eman.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Eman; June 28th, 2016, 02:45 PM.
            The People's Advocate.

Comment

OK issue resolved it seems. Just tested with the HSCommand to DeviceUpdate added, and it works. So it seems it can and does work without occasionally, but not reliable.
              What does that command actually do ? Would like to understand it.
              And sorry for the trouble...

Comment

OK issue resolved it seems. Just tested with the HSCommand to DeviceUpdate added, and it works. So it seems it can and does work without occasionally, but not reliable.
                What does that command actually do ? Would like to understand it.
                And sorry for the trouble...

It's by design of the plugin author's (tonlof) code to interact with the HomeSeer system from Tasker i.e execute events and or device string change.

Eman.
                The People's Advocate.

Comment

When I run HSCommand to 'eventname' to trigger a event, should I run HSCommand to DeviceValue after ? It seems to work fine without.

Comment

When I run HSCommand to 'eventname' to trigger a event, should I run HSCommand to DeviceValue after ? It seems to work fine without.

NO. Unless the task contains multipal events e.g to update a string and or to run an event. It is used once to update a string and once to run an event. Just like in the image above or multipal times like I illustrated in the image below. The image below contains two events which can be fired off when the battery is low or when fully charged. The image above illustrates a divice you create yourself. And same can apply to any device already in HomeSeer e.g lamp or socket without the %HSSetdevicestring variable.

Eman.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Eman; June 29th, 2016, 10:09 AM.
                    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Working...
                    X