Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    I'll play around with it, if I cant get the "Tasker:device" to work I'll ask in the tasker plugin section. I have googled a little and found a description of hs.speak, it says host there but no syntax either

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    Ok that's a good hint I'll play around with that. I guess after the Tasker: I'll put the name of my Android device. I have seen True in some of the hs.Speak commands, what does the True or False actually do ?
    The Tasker part may or may not be the right syntax. You'll need to check the plugin configuration or documentation. True tells the function to wait until it is done speaking. That may not work with a speech proxy such as Tasker. The default is False.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Ok that's a good hint I'll play around with that. I guess after the Tasker: I'll put the name of my Android device. I have seen True in some of the hs.Speak commands, what does the True or False actually do ?

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    The hs.speak command has an optional third parameter to direct it to a specific speaker client. Not sure what the syntax is for the tasker speaker client, but here's how to use it generically:

Code:
    hs.speak("Hello", False, "Tasker:Android1")
    Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    started a topic convert a immediate script to tasker tts

convert a immediate script to tasker tts

I have this immediate script to speak the weatherforecast to me. It is taking the information from some virtual devices. I would like to converet this to a tasker text to speech, as that way I can direct it to a specific tablet. Also my 'normal' speak does not work most of the time.
    This is the script:
    &hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum temperature of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum temperature of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees")
Working...
X