Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Paid my $40 for the plugin. Went through the online instructions to setup. Some didn't make sense-where is tools menu in plugin setup? Don't quite understand what autoremote has to do with turning on and off lights. When completed tried to turn on a light. It didn't work.
    Does this thing work or have I wasted $40. Shere do I find instructions that work? How do I turn a light off and on> How do I get device status into tasker for display on a widget. For free stuff I don't mind messed up instructions. But if I pay, there should be a way to get it to work!

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
    For free stuff I don't mind messed up instructions. But if I pay, there should be a way to get it to work!
    Raising your questions here is a good first step to getting the plug-in to work for you.

For future reference, it's a good practice to install new plug-ins first and take advantage of the 30-day free trial before deciding whether the plug-in is worth the purchase price for your application.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Fpr $40 there should be decent instructions that make sense. If these are available, I haven't found them. The ones I have found are clearly for some other version, eg, where is the tools tab in the tasker setup? Ther isn't a tab like this in the version I got from updater so I can't even complete the setup tasks and it'll never work until I have proper setup instructions. I tried before but I had medical problems and my trial ran out before I could figure it out. So now that I've paid I think I should get support-not just criticism.

Comment

I did not intend my comments as criticism, just information. In a situation where a trial runs out before you are through with your evaluation, you can also try to get an extension for the trial.

I don't use this plug-in, so I can't offer any technical advice, but if you post your questions as factually and clearly as you can, I would expect that you will get the help you are looking for. Given that it's summer, and many folks are on vacation, it may require some patience.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Paid my $40 for the plugin. Went through the online instructions to setup. Some didn't make sense-where is tools menu in plugin setup? Don't quite understand what autoremote has to do with turning on and off lights. When completed tried to turn on a light. It didn't work.
          Does this thing work or have I wasted $40. Shere do I find instructions that work? How do I turn a light off and on> How do I get device status into tasker for display on a widget. For free stuff I don't mind messed up instructions. But if I pay, there should be a way to get it to work!
          Hi, this plugin is not a stand alone software. It's a gateway that open communication between Tasker and HS3. Tasker and Autoremote is developed by someone else. Autoremote is used to receive pushmessage sent by HS3 tasker plugin. You don't need it if you only send command from Tasker to HS3. How would you like to use it, once the link is working it's up to you to write tasker funktions etc for your own needs. Please share screenshot where you are stuck.
          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
          --
          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Fpr $40 there should be decent instructions that make sense. If these are available, I haven't found them. The ones I have found are clearly for some other version, eg, where is the tools tab in the tasker setup? Ther isn't a tab like this in the version I got from updater so I can't even complete the setup tasks and it'll never work until I have proper setup instructions. I tried before but I had medical problems and my trial ran out before I could figure it out. So now that I've paid I think I should get support-not just criticism.
            I guess that you have read the manual, and I'm so sorry if it's not written good. Maybe better if I write the manual in my own language so users can use google translate. It's very hard for me to mediate in English since I translate it to.
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
              I guess that you have read the manual, and I'm so sorry if it's not written good. Maybe better if I write the manual in my own language so users can use google translate. It's very hard for me to mediate in English since I translate it to.
              I finally got it to turn a light off and on. Yesterday it worked but today it wasn't. I'm going back to my old way of using tasker to control HS. It's more reliable. Wish I had been able to check it out before paying.

Comment

I finally got it to turn a light off and on. Yesterday it worked but today it wasn't. I'm going back to my old way of using tasker to control HS. It's more reliable. Wish I had been able to check it out before paying.
                Hi Ross, I'm so sorry to hear that. I you get it some time I'm sure me or any forum member can assist and get it working as you want. If not try to contact HS and ask them to cancel the license if that is possible.
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                  Hi Ross, I'm so sorry to hear that. I you get it some time I'm sure me or any forum member can assist and get it working as you want. If not try to contact HS and ask them to cancel the license if that is possible.
                  I'm not going to request a refund. You guys that write stuff for us deserve all the support you can get.

Comment

I'm not going to request a refund. You guys that write stuff for us deserve all the support you can get.

I always help with simple start up. What I normally tell people is that please check on the previous posts on this Tasker Plugin forum. I haven't been on here lately but if you are still in the "mood" bare with me. We have all beeen there before. One thing which is explicitly mentioned that the plugin was developed for those with good knowledge of Tasker. I was like you. I used to have Eventghost but could not find a way to make link and communicate with HomeSeer although the pros know how. Then I found this plugin. It was hard at first but I hung in there and the rest is history. (short story=http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158888)

Now that said look below your post and you wil see that everything you are asking for is there in your face. Please always come back say that you have/not succeeded and or you need more help. That way people are more willing to help.

For more information please check these links :
                    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181106

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181919

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182062

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182287

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181217

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181106

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178366

All the above links contain useful and relevant information about what you want do/learn and more.

And on the final note on this I hope tonlof will pick out on some of those links and make them sticky! just like here :http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1222 . That will help new starters from digging deep into the forum (Or otherwise in google: type :- how do I/you set up and or..................with Tasker plugin for HomeSeer?)

I hope that helps.

Eman.
                    Last edited by Eman; July 23, 2016, 04:42 PM.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                    X