Homeseer log vs Ultralog3 / Bllogmonitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer log vs Ultralog3 / Bllogmonitor

Im totally new to this but i want to trigger based on a log entry.
    I want for example sent an notification when there is a specific error in the Homeseer log.
    When i search this forum i find two plugins : ultralog3 and Bllogmonitor.
    First question is whats the difference between the 2 and whats the best option for me?
    Second question : Whats the difference between the default homeseer log and Ultralog3 because i read there is an underlying database, but why 2 databases?
    What is the benefit of the Ultralog database above the default Homeseer log because ive installed the trial and the view log of homeseer and the view log of Ultralog looks the same ?

I've never used BLLogMontior. I am an UltraLog user. That said with UltraLog the log persists after a restart. I have my log saved for years. Also UltraLog has a syslog server which I use to get the logs from my Unifi Wi-Fi access points and trigger events based on which AP a phone is connected to.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by egbertje View Post
      Im totally new to this but i want to trigger based on a log entry.
      I want for example sent an notification when there is a specific error in the Homeseer log.
      When i search this forum i find two plugins : ultralog3 and Bllogmonitor.
      First question is whats the difference between the 2 and whats the best option for me?
      Second question : Whats the difference between the default homeseer log and Ultralog3 because i read there is an underlying database, but why 2 databases?
      What is the benefit of the Ultralog database above the default Homeseer log because ive installed the trial and the view log of homeseer and the view log of Ultralog looks the same ?

There is a third: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167046
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X