No announcement yet.

Pushing data to third party Syslog service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is holding you back from releasing it?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
      What is holding you back from releasing it?
      I just posted it. You'll need to enable Remote Logging within the options, then start/stop the plug-in. Once it restarts, you'll see an new device allowing you to start/stop the remote logging. If you have set the options correctly, you should already see the UltraLog3 Rsyslog device "Connected".

A few notes:
      • The syslog receiver must be configured to support TCP.

CentOS 7 example using /etc/rsyslog.confg:

# Provides TCP syslog reception
        $ModLoad imtcp
        $InputTCPServerRun 514
      • The log data sent to the remote syslog server is stripped of HTML

I'll post a how-to on setting up a remote syslog receiver soon.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have it installed and will test later. Thanks!!!
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,
          Something is not right, not sure what am I doing wrong. This is what I would like to accomplish but perhaps is not what you changed.

1) I would like to send all my syslog to my QNAP NAS server. It is currently capturing the router, my other computers and etc. I would then like to use your defined triggers in the events to check if any of my machines are having issues. Is it possible currently?
          2) in the configuration screen, you have that we can select the type of messages, if I select informational, would it also capture the above messages like critical?
          3) I enabled the log to be sent to the NAS Server. The log seems to be working but not all the messages are going there. It seems that only the info as severity goes in the log.
          4) on the same subject, the log is someone different than the one I see in the HS log. I'm attaching the print screen.
          5) I'm not getting any syslog yet in the remote server. I may need to get some kind of errors on Homeseer to trigger it.
          Thanks for the help,
          Aldo
          Attached Files

Comment

Ultrajones, I'm sure I did not explain it right or you did not see my previous post. What you implemented is great although I would to be able to send all the syslogs and logs to a syslog server (In my case it would be hosted on a NAS server) and be able to read those thru your nice interface and utilize your build in events to check and trigger the content of these logs. Is it possible?

Thanks,
            Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
              Ultrajones, I'm sure I did not explain it right or you did not see my previous post. What you implemented is great although I would to be able to send all the syslogs and logs to a syslog server (In my case it would be hosted on a NAS server) and be able to read those thru your nice interface and utilize your build in events to check and trigger the content of these logs. Is it possible?

Thanks,
              Aldo
              Hello Aldo,

The remote logging mechanism I just added allows you to use the syslog protocol to send all of the HomeSeer logs to a separate system for processing. Once those logs are sent to a remote syslog server, you would use whatever tools are available on the remote syslog host to view the logs, create reports, trigger alerts, etc. It's not possible to use the UltraLog3 GUI to view logs on a remote syslog receiver.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

1) I would like to send all my syslog to my QNAP NAS server. It is currently capturing the router, my other computers and etc. I would then like to use your defined triggers in the events to check if any of my machines are having issues. Is it possible currently?
                No, not on a remote host. The only way to trigger events based on syslog output is to send those logs to the UltraLog3 syslog server. However, the UltraLog3 syslog receiver is not designed to process and store gigabytes of data. It's designed to handle logging from devices like your firewall and/or WiFi access points.

2) in the configuration screen, you have that we can select the type of messages, if I select informational, would it also capture the above messages like critical?
                Yes, that is correct.

3) I enabled the log to be sent to the NAS Server. The log seems to be working but not all the messages are going there. It seems that only the info as severity goes in the log.
                I'll see if I can duplicate.

4) on the same subject, the log is someone different than the one I see in the HS log. I'm attaching the print screen.
                Yes, this is by design. The logging output is stripped of all HTML and also includes other information that HomeSeer provides in their log output.

5) I'm not getting any syslog yet in the remote server. I may need to get some kind of errors on Homeseer to trigger it.
                There is a HomeSeer device that should indicate the connection state. I'll do testing later today to confirm it's properly reflecting the connection status.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  Hello Aldo,

The remote logging mechanism I just added allows you to use the syslog protocol to send all of the HomeSeer logs to a separate system for processing. Once those logs are sent to a remote syslog server, you would use whatever tools are available on the remote syslog host to view the logs, create reports, trigger alerts, etc. It's not possible to use the UltraLog3 GUI to view logs on a remote syslog receiver.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  But I love your plugin [emoji3] it dies everything I need and plus. Do you think it would be a future addition? Keep up a great job, I love your plug-ins

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X