Ultralog/HS and syslog server on same machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultralog/HS and syslog server on same machine

Just started playing with ultralog and have a few questions. I would like to run Syslog Watcher running on the same machine as Homeseer with ultralog3. I know that I can use ultralog as syslog server, but the functionality is not nearly on par (not a criticism, not designed to be). I have other requirements besides just triggering HS events, and by using a dedicated Syslog server I can keep logs from multiple sources for IT purposes. It also allows me to filter and forward syslogs, or export to file or DB, which would be ideal in that i can keep the HS overhead low with substantially less syslog noise to a system that is already busy,

I would like ulralog to listen or otherwise be able to trigger events or status changes based on those logs. I can filter and forward messages, export to a file or database; but I don't see a way to do this that ultralog can read.

If anyone knows of a way to do this or has accomplished something similar via different means i would appreciate the info. There's a number of things I'm trying to do but, as an example, monitoring syslog events generated from Unifi APs for who's home and where purposes. The APs will remotely log, but only to a single IP, and while I can forward those messages via UDP, I don't know how to do that to Homeseer on the same machine.

Appreciate any help you can provide
    Last edited by Sk000tch; May 31, 2018, 01:15 PM.

I agree, this plugin is excellent, this is the only feature missing. Hopefully it can be integrated into it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

So that's a no then eh? I was hoping I was missing something, or that other users had found some other implementation.

Comment

Working...
      X