Error - Overloading syslog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - Overloading syslog

I checked my logs and noticed I started seeing this error every 2-3 minutes.

SyslogQueue count exceeded threshold! Clearing queue to prevent memory issues.

I only point my NAS (Synology), My Ubiqiti Controller, and my Sonicwall firewall at it.

My syslog retention is capped 2 months,
    Logging severity at Informational
    Log Size is 36GB in size.
    Inserts is frozen at 17,115,778

CPU hovers between 22 and 27%
    Logging is to an onboard SSD with 50% (246GB) Free
    Memory shows about 46GB free (out of 65GB)

HSlogging is working as expected.

Any thoughts?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Still happening. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Are you sending all syslog info from those devices? For me, I've configured my network devices to only send certain syslog info to Ultralog. Just log entries that I want to trigger HS actions for.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Think I might have the same issue here. Have a SYSLOG failure rate overnight in excess of 300,000. I do log a large amount of data and like Mr_Resistor I have my log capped at 2 Months although 2 weeks would work for me the way I use the plugin. I see there is a way to export the logs wondering if the actual logs could be saved to a different drive rather than that of HS.
        Any help here appreciated as I do not have a clue how to get it up and working again. Click image for larger version

Name:	Syslog entries Failure.PNG
Views:	463
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1311148
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Syslog entries Device page.PNG
Views:	300
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1311149

Comment

Pervez2602- Love the devices you created to show status. Can you share how you did them?
          I'd also like the option to shorten the log capture time to less than 2 months. maybe something more like 2 weeks and the ability to store the log DBs on another drive. it would really help shrink the size of my backup and time requied..

The only way I've been able to get it running again is to stop the plug-in, delete the ultralog3_syslog.db3 file from the data\ultralog3 directory, and re-start the plugin.

I have to do it whenever the log file gets over 21GB or so.

Comment

Hi Mr Resistor, Many thanks for the clue about deleting the database, not the answer I know but got me out of trouble so thanks.
            Long time since i created the devices but here is a copy of the all important bits. The off hook icon I found on the web somewhere!

Attached Files

Comment

Glad that got you back on the air. Whacking the DB is brute force solution, but it works in a pinch. Parsing the logs to change the status of the devices totally makes sense. I was wondering about the ones you posted in Post #4 on this thread, where you are showing the last 15 minutes of activity for debug, errors, info, warnings etc as gathered by the plugin.

Comment

Hi there Mr Resistor, Pretty sure the plugin itself created those devices!
                Coming back to the 2 months database setting, did you by any chance log a feature request with Ultra? Something I had thought about but never got around to doing. Perhaps now is a good time.

Peter

Comment

The plug-in DID create them.... I just lost them in the sea of devices.

Comment

Did you try reloading the plugin?

Comment

They were there, just filtered out of the view.

Comment

Ultrajones , I can see you are not very active since two years here. are you still maintaining your plugins? I have asked some question too. Would it be possible give them a look, please . thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                          Ultrajones , I can see you are not very active since two years here. are you still maintaining your plugins? I have asked some question too. Would it be possible give them a look, please . thanks
                          Please summarize the issue you are reporting.
                          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Glad to here you found them!
                            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Please summarize the issue you are reporting.
                              Please see this topic Ultrajones

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...older-on-linux

+

Wanted to know if there's any progression porting ultramon3 to linux? I saw somewhere that your were near a release like 1-2 years ago? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X