Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A call was made to save a global variable (LogMessage) but that global variable ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call was made to save a global variable (LogMessage) but that global variable ...

Hi, I've recently been getting these errors.

Code:
    A call was made to save a global variable (LogMessage) but that global variable has not been defined.
    A call was made to save a global variable (LogType) but that global variable has not been defined.
    I can see the variables listed in the HS global variables page, I wonder if it's caused by the fact that my event was triggered 3 times by matching the word "Error" in quick succession?

Ultrajones, is this something that can be fixed in the plugin?

Click image for larger version

Name:	error_rule.PNG
Views:	124
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1328946
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error_1.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1328947

Thanks

Megaman:

Refer to this forum thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...riable-has-not

Comment

Oops - sorry, I just realized you had started that thread...

Sheepishly,
      BBB

Comment

I assume you only see those "errors" after a restart of the plug-in and on first use of the global variable, correct?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sorry for the late reply - yes.

Comment

It is normal to see that error in the log the first time a global variable is used after a restart. Global variables are not durable - they are lost when HS is restarted. Once they are used they will remain until the next restart. You will only see that error once, after that the variable exists.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
            X