This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ultrajones,
    One feature that will really stand out and be very useful is to send remote syslog logs to your plugin, with the option to save the data ideally in MySQL. During the process of collecting the data, use one of your triggers in the events to access HS features. "like, if wifi from access point 192.168.0.20 is down, send an email" I Think there are lot of requests for this kind of features.
    I' m also looking into be able to store syslog in Mysql, I saw the option listed at the top of this post but I do not see this option in the options menu.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Comment

Hi UJ,

Already a long time missing functionality in HS3 version which was available in HS2 version: logging of status & value of every device. Would it be possible to get this back?

Comment

Reduced Log Size.for SysMon logs.

As indicated in this thread.....

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...loading-syslog

some of us are running into issues with log size due to retention and amount of data shipped to the PI. Would it be possible to add additional options to reduce the log retention to 1 Month, 2 Weeks and 1 Week. Or just give us a field and we can enter the number of days to keep. Even at 2 moths I keep having to go in and whack the syslog DB becasue it's overflowing.

Bonus points if we could get some kind of auto archive feature to save off to another DB or Text File, something on another drive to keep the main DB a little more nimble.

Thanks for considering.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
        X