X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLog HSPI For HomeSeer 2.2 [NEW 1.2 RELEASE]

UltraLog for HomeSeer 2.2:

UltraLog is a HomeSeer 2 plug-in that allows you to direct HomeSeer log events to an underlying database. In addition, UltraLog can listen for syslog packets and insert syslog events into the underlying database.
    • Written in VB.Net 2005, 100% managed code.
    • Multi-threaded.
    • Tested on Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista Premium.
    • Free 30 Day Trial
    • Available through the HomeSeer store

Other Features:
    • Logs all HomeSeer log events to a database in real-time.
    • Supports HomeSeer triggers based on text or regular expression matches on HomeSeer log or syslog events.
    • Web page supports query, filter, status and options.
    • Currently supports Microsoft Access (database included), Microsoft SQL 2000 and Microsoft SQL 2005.
    • Ability to specify custom OLEDB connection strings.
    • Ability to save and recall SQL queries.
    • Ability to purge database records after a specified number of months.
    • Ability to open and close database connections while plug-in is running.
    • Debugging output to troubleshoot database connection issues.

Installation:
    • Installed via HomeSeer 2 Updater
    • Restart HomeSeer2, then select Setup > Interfaces > UltraLog
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 4, 2007, 04:11 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Please Holder For Version Changes

Version 1.2.2863.19307 - Released Nov 03, 2007
    • Web pages converted to ASPX. Well over 40 hours of effort.
    • All web pages enhanced from UltraLog version 1.0.
    • Other major coding enhancements.

Version 1.2.2888.38982 - Released Dec 02, 2007
    • Added option to automatically start the syslog listener when HomeSeer restarts.
    • Fixed syslog parsing routine to identify when the timestamp and/or hostname is not present.
    • Fixed Filters ASPX web page issue when switching between HomeSeer Log and Syslog.
    • Fixed the Editor paging when more than 10 SQL queries were defined.

Version 1.2.2894.28697 - Released Dec 04, 2007
    • Added support for HomeSeer triggers based on text or regular expression matches on HomeSeer log or syslog events.
    • Fixed Queries ASPX web page error casued by an update in version 1.2.2888.38982.

Version 1.2.2954.28546 - Released Feb 02, 2008
    • Added ability to compact underlying Microsoft Access Database.
    • Added support for logging device value changes to the database.
    • Added support for logging device status changes to the database.
    • Access database included in download now has index fields set correctly on all tables.
    • Fixed CheckTrigger issue when HomeSeer wrote an empty string to the log.
    • Fixed Filters web page display issue when switching between tables (tblLog, tblSyslog, tblDeviceValueLog, tblDeviceStatusLog).
    • Other minor coding enhancements.

Version 1.2.3009.28393 - Released March 28, 2008
    • Added plug-in help file link to HomeSeer help web page pointing at the included UltraLog HSPI User's Guide PDF file.

Version 1.2.3025.29368 - Released April 13, 2008
    • Fixed the HomeSeer > UltraLog > Setup URL

Version 1.2.3130.36906 - Released July 27, 2008
    • Fixed several issues related to syslog parsing when the device generating the syslog packet doesn't follow RFC 3164 (The BSD Syslog Protocol).

Version 1.2.3130.36906 - Released August 11, 2008
    • Fixed CheckTrigger issue when HomeSeer wrote an empty string to the log (must not have been fixed in version 1.2.2954.28546).

Version 1.2.3264.36592 - Released December 08, 2008
    • Added additional debug output if PurgeDB() fails.

Version 1.2.3288.19884 - Released January 01, 2009
    • Added default "Sort Order" and "Records Per Page" to the option page.

Version 1.2.3306.18533 - Released January 19, 2009
    • Modified database routines to support a variety of database providers (including ODBC, OleDB, SQLClient, MySQL, etc).
    • The plug-in now inserts the HomeSeer log data that was written prior to the plug-in being initialized.
    • Added a watchdog timer so if the database goes offline the following will happen:
      • A database connection will be attempted. If the connection fails, the plug-in will retry again in 1 minute. If that connection fails, it will continue to retry at 2 times the previous retry interval to a maximum of 1 attempt per hour.
      • The pending database inserts will continue to queue. Once the database connection is established, the pending log data will be inserted into the database.
    • Added watchdog HomeSeer event triggers [Database Connection Failure, Database Connection Restore].
    • Various other code improvements.

Version 1.2.3463.40492 - Released June 25, 2009
    • Fixed database purge issue when using MySQL database.

Version 1.2.3471.30552 - Released July 03, 2009
    • Added support for Microsoft SQL 2008.
    • Date format now automatically determined based the short date specified in the System Control Panel.

Version 1.2.3533.35594 - Released Sept 03, 2009
    • Fixed an issue with the dc field with MySQL when device value and status logging was enabled.

Version 1.2.3595.25810 - Released Nov 04, 2009
    • Removed references to the deprecated Status properly of the HomeSeer DeviceClass.

Version 1.2.3807.36079 - Released June 05, 2010
    • Added support for SQLite
    • Changed default database from Microsoft Access to SQLite

Version 1.2.3941.15260 - Released Oct 16, 2010
    • Fixed issue creating tblSyslog database table at startup.

Version 1.2.4045.29270 - Released Jan 29, 2011
    • Ensured all HomeSeer log queuing operations were thread safe.
    • Resolved issue causing UltraLog HomeSeer event triggers to fail.

Version 1.2.4246.36174 - Released Aug 17, 2011
    • Fixed issues assoicated with HP Touchpad

Version 1.2.4552.32355 - Released June 18, 2012
    • Added support for named and non-named regular expressoin captures for both the HomeSeer log and syslog. See "UltraLog HSPI Regular Expression Captures" in the UltraLog HSPI User’s Guide for usage.
    Last edited by Ultrajones; June 18, 2012, 07:02 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Place Holder For Screen Shots

Screen Shots ...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ultrajones; November 3, 2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ultralog and trial download

I am interested in installing Ultralog on my 2.3.0.19 HS system. If I hit the HomeSeer store page, there only appears to be a purchase link and no trial link. I'd like to load it up and use it in trial before dishing out the cash.
        Can someone please point me to the download link for the latest Ultralog?

Thanks

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hello Robert. If you install it from the HomeSeer updater, you'll get 30 days to try it out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Free upgrade?

I purchased UltraLog version 1.2.3145.34166 and noticed that there is a new version out there (1.2.3306.18533).

The updater says I don't have the latest version, but appears to be making me buy it again. Will my current license accept this upgrade?

Also, if anyone knows how to do so, or if this can be a feature added later...I have created lots of queries that I use on a regular basis (most of them query HSPhone logs, some of which are custom log lines I wrote into the IVR script). There are queries that I use more often than others. The queries appear in the order that I created them in...newest on the bottom.

Rather than doing lots of copying/pasting of the queries and creating new ones in the order I desire, is there a way to re-sort or move the existing queries up or down on the list so I can place the more frequently used queries near the top of the list?

Comment

Originally posted by GreggSuter View Post
              I purchased UltraLog version 1.2.3145.34166 and noticed that there is a new version out there (1.2.3306.18533).

The updater says I don't have the latest version, but appears to be making me buy it again. Will my current license accept this upgrade?
              Yes, your current license will be good for the version available in the updater.

Also, if anyone knows how to do so, or if this can be a feature added later...I have created lots of queries that I use on a regular basis (most of them query HSPhone logs, some of which are custom log lines I wrote into the IVR script). There are queries that I use more often than others. The queries appear in the order that I created them in...newest on the bottom.

Rather than doing lots of copying/pasting of the queries and creating new ones in the order I desire, is there a way to re-sort or move the existing queries up or down on the list so I can place the more frequently used queries near the top of the list?
              Are you talking about the queries listed in the "SQL Editor" part of the web page? If so, you can manually edit the hspi_ultralog.xml file in the HomeSeer Config directory using notepad to change the order they appear. Just make sure the XML remains well formed or the plug-in won't be able to parse it.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Yes, that is what I want to change the order of. Mainly also in the queries area too, where you can select a query, then edit the criteria in the box below (temporarily without changing the query).

I'll try that. Thank you.

Comment

Hiya Gregg!

Guess I'll see you later today

Jack
                  Over The Hill
                  What Hill?
                  Where?
                  When?
                  I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
                  X