Correct me if I'm wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct me if I'm wrong...

I am looking for a way to get lots of Homeseer info, but NOT clog up my Homeseer log file.

As the title of this post says, 'Correct me if I'm wrong' but it appears that I need to have something logged to the regular Homeseer log before UltraLog can act upon it and save it to a database. Is that right or wrong thinking?

See my post at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=140393 for a little better explanation about what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

UltraLog takes everything that is going to be written to the HomeSeer log file and stores it into an underlying database. The plug-in does not read the log file. Once it is in a database, you can execute stored queries to easily get at the information you're interested in. When you use UltraLog, there is no need to worrry about clogging up your log file as you can easily filter or query on the data you're interested in.

In your example, you can easily find all the events that HomeSeer executed by running the following query (the query can be saved, named and ran at anytime you need this information):

Code:
    Select ID, Log_Date, Log_Type, Log_Data 
    FROM tblLog
    WHERE Log_Data Like 'Event Trigger "Occupancy%'
    ORDER BY Log_Date DESC
    Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; February 15, 2010, 12:32 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

You can also use the "Filters" web page to quicly display all the HomeSeer Event log entries as shown in the screenshot.
      Attached Files
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        UltraLog takes everything that is going to be written to the HomeSeer log file and stores it into an underlying database..
        At least to me (I know I'm old and dense) my question still does not appear to have been answered.

Can I for instance monitor via UltraLog when device 'P4' turns ON or OFF while having that device's 'Do not log commands from this device' box checked.

I do NOT want it's changes shown in the normal Homeseer log. I only want to know this info when I query for it somehow.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

The answer to your question is no. If you disable logging for a device using 'Do not log commands from this device', HomeSeer does not make that log entry available via the HomeSeer API. However, if you enable UltraLog Status and Value logging, then an entry is written to the database associated using the house code, device code and unit code. You have to write queries to get at the data though.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            The answer to your question is no. If you disable logging for a device using 'Do not log commands from this device', HomeSeer does not make that log entry available via the HomeSeer API. However, if you enable UltraLog Status and Value logging, then an entry is written to the database associated using the house code, device code and unit code. You have to write queries to get at the data though.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Thanks for the info.
            Dick

Comment

Working...
            X