Ultralog - records getting "jammed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultralog - records getting "jammed"

I've noticed some odd behavior lately from Ultralog. I've been looking at this for the past week or so. I'm not exactly sure when it started. Currently I'm running 2.4.0.66 and Ultralog 1.2.3941.15260.

A few days ago I shutdown HS, deleted Homeseerdb.mdb and replaced with a clean copy from the update directory as I thought I might have some db corruption going on.

Anyway, what happens is that over time Ultralog stops recording records to the database. I finally figured out that they aren't lost but just aren't in the database. If I disable/enable the plugin the records appear. Opening and closing the db connection from the HS status page does not flush the records. Disabling the plugin alone does not flush them. Only enabling the plugin flushes the records to the database.

I've attached several files for your examination.
    At 10:26pn, I enabled Ultralog debug
    At 10:31pm I disabled the plugin
    "Copy (4) Homeseerdb.mdb" is the database right after. You can notice that most of the debug lines are in there but there are only 3 records from 9:30am to 10:26pm. A few records that happened between 10:26 & 10:31 are not there as well.

At 10:33pm I enabled the plugin
    "copy (5) Homesserdb.mdb" is the database right after. You can see that I now have records from 9:30am forward

I also included a copy of my Homeseer.log for comparison with the db.

Any ideas of what's going on? Any information i can provide to help to figure out what's going on?

One other item that I noticed- when in debug mode the plugin periodically lists the event triggers that are setup for log matches. The events would then trigger since the trigger phrase was in the log from the debug output. It would be nice if the events didn't trigger off the debug output ( I have them disabled right now so you won't see them tiggering in the logs above).

thanks
    jim
    Attached Files

Hello Jim. Sorry for the delay in responding. Please do the following:

1) Restart HomeSeer.
    2) Check the HomeSeer log for the line "Database initialization complete. Ready to accept HomeSeer events into database."
    3) Check the UltraLog > Status > HomeSeer Log Statistics > Insert count. Verify the value is > 0.
    4) Check the UltraLog > Status > HomeSeer Log Statistics Failure count. Verify the value= 0.
    5) Check the UltraLog > Status > HomeSeer Log Statistics > In queue count. Verify the value = 0.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No problem.
      Yes, it all looks good after a reboot. And ultralog keeps up for several hours before beginning to "lose"records again.

10/26/2010 9:44:56 PM ~!~UltraLog Info~!~UltraLog version 1.2.3941.15260 starting ...
      10/26/2010 9:44:56 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: UltraLog
      10/26/2010 9:44:56 PM ~!~UltraLog Info~!~UltraLog - initializing I/O ...
      10/26/2010 9:44:56 PM ~!~UltraLog Info~!~Database initialization complete. Ready to accept HomeSeer events into database.
      10/26/2010 9:44:56 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in UltraLog

Inserts 118
      Failures 0
      In Quieue 0

While messing with this I've only seen anything other than 0 for In Quieue a time or two. Each time it was 2 and was present when i checked the stats before turning off debug, which had been on for a while.

thanks
      jim

Comment

I let it run for a bit. Insert/fail/queue was 6xx/0/0. I enabled debug and immediately In queue jumped to 2 and held there. Inserts kept incrementing. I then disabled debug after a few minutes and the reading were 9xx/0/0.

jim

Comment

Kinda solved it a week or two ago. I changed from access to SQL Express. I've checked several days worth and all the entries appear to be there. So it must have been some quirk in the db engine on that pc.
          jim

Comment

I just experienced this issue today. I found my system had not written any records since Jan 17 and seemed to write them all at once after enabling/disabling debug and refreshing the queue counts. I made some changes to ensure all queue and dequeue operations were thread safe. Please download UltraLog HSPI version 1.2.4043.33494 from the HomeSeer updater and let me know if it resolves the issue you reported.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'll give the new version a whirl but I think I've only seen the issue once or twice since changing over to SQL express but then I haven't been getting the runtimes that I was (for reasons not really related to HS). If I note anything I'll post here.
              thanks
              jim

Comment

Working...
              X