Database on Network Stoarage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database on Network Stoarage?

Can we put the database on a network drive using the connection string box or some other way? I tried playing with it, but no luck.

I have a hometroller that is pretty full. Im afraid it wont be too long before the database will get out of hand and Ill run out of disc space. It would be nice if I could put the database on a NAS drive where I have terabytes of space.

I added an external hard drive to my Hometroller.

Is there a way to put the Ultralog Database on the external drive to give me more space on the Hometroller and to save the multiple writes to the hometroller flash drive?

Comment

Yes, you should be able to map a drive and change the path to the new location. However, if the NAS goes away, the database connection may not recover without manual effort.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I gave up on the NAS idea but do want to move the database to the external drive on my hometroller....I am having no luck doing this.

Currently the database resides in

Data Source=c:\program files\homeseer hs2\data\ultralog\ultralog.db3

I am trying to move it to

d:\Ultralog folder

I have tried various combinations of closing the database, changing the ultralog.ini settings and changing the data source on the options page and nothing works.

Every time I open the database connection it reverts back to the default settings.

What am I missing?

Comment

I just looked at the code and found when using either the Access DB or the SQLite DB, the plug-in resets the path during the initialization. I'll have to look into this a bit more.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I think I have this resolved. I'll post an update soon. Please note, the UltraLog HSPI installer was converted and now uses the latest HomeSeer Installer Template.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Hello. I modified the plug-in to allow you to move the database to a different location. On startup, the plug-in tests to see if the path contains the database filename, and tests if the database exists in the new location. If it does not, it defaults to the original database location.

Please install UltraLog HSPI 1.2.4443.37613, then modify the database location, then shutdown HomeSeer. Copy the existing database to the new location, then restart HomeSeer.

Please note: The UltraLog installer now uses the HomeSeer Installer Template. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks UltraJones.

I followed your instructions and everything went well without a hitch.

I now am able to have my SQLite db on the D: drive and data is inserting correctly and I can query.

Comment

Working...
                X