Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the simplest way to chart the results of an UltraLog query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the simplest way to chart the results of an UltraLog query?

I have been using UltraLog for sometime, and find it very useful to monitor device activity. I would like to take it one step further and chart the data returned from a query. What is the easiest way to take the data that is returned from an UltraLog query and produce a simple chart that I can display in a web page? It would also be great if I could display the same data from my HSTouch iPad client.

I use the mcsTemperature plugin to chart many of my devices. The graphing control is very powerful.
    Attached Files
    Mike

Comment

I have looked at that MCSTemp plugin before but only recently put in the Ultralog plugin.

Is it easy to get the data from the Ultralog database into the MCStemp plugin for graphing? Does it require custom script writing?

Comment

mcsTemperature plugin can graph any device you have in HS. So if the Ultralog puts data into HS then mcsTemperature can log it w/o any effort.
        Attached Files
        Mike

Comment

Could one do an Ultralog query and store that in a virtual device and then graph it with MCS?

How else would I go about putting the Ultralog data into HS devices?

Comment

mcsTemperature is great and I use it all the times, unfortunately it is limited to 6 hours interval. Most of the times I would like to see of a more of a granular and detailed data. Maybe Michael can add it on the next release.

Comment

mcsTemperature is structured to collect data over time and then allow it to be shown in trend chart format. When you want to chart adhoc data sets such as from a query then you will be using other tools. XLGraph from the script library is one I have used and makes the charts using Microsoft Excel object. Another recent entry into the mix is Google charts. I have not make any use of these, but the impression I get is that it may be a good candidate for this application.

xapmcsChart charts down to the 6 minute resolution, but I will not be making that available in mcsTemperature.

Comment

Charting with UltraLog....

Thank you all very much for your advice regarding my initial query. I now have some ideas to investigate further.

Cheers,

George

Comment

Thanks Michael, stupid question, how difficoult would be do change the intervals in minutes. I understand we have lot of choices but would be nice to utilize one tool expecially this one that I use all the times.

Thanks for your patience,
                  Aldo

Comment

I added two higher-resolution intervals to xapmcsChart and it is sufficient amount of work that I do not want to do it again for mcsTemperature. The 6 hour scale was based upon the amount of data one would normally collect to have a one pixel/sample resolution on the chart. I went down to 6 seconds for xapmcsChart and added a high-rate table to xapmcsDatabase to balance resolution vs. database size. The higher resolution was added to support a high rate data collection for power consumtion so I could see very quickly the wattage effects of turing on/off various individual pieces of equipment.

Comment

Working...
                    X