Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple event triggers over a short time

Hi

Im using UltraLog in an atempt to trigger based on RFXCOM-based logoutput with specific text.. This works, but, only once every second or so. The specified log-entry occurs possibly up to 20 times a second, on every log-entry containing specified text. Is there an limitation in the plugin event trigger (for example that pulls out duplicate log-entries from event triggering)? In that case. Would there be a possibility to insert a user customizable "cannot retrigger for" with specifiec ms latency?

Thank you

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if a feature exists that prevents an UltraLog from triggering on a log entry that is received multiple times per second?

A mechanism does exist to prevent you from triggering an event 20+ times per second. The mechanism essentially ignores duplicate log entries.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if a feature exists that prevents an UltraLog from triggering on a log entry that is received multiple times per second?

A mechanism does exist to prevent you from triggering an event 20+ times per second. The mechanism essentially ignores duplicate log entries.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I want to be able to disable this mechanism, so that no log entries are viewed as duplicate log entries, and events are triggered on every match.

This could for example be made in the form of a checkbox in plugin option that specifies if duplicates should be ignored or not..

Comment

Originally posted by abzalom View Post
        I want to be able to disable this mechanism, so that no log entries are viewed as duplicate log entries, and events are triggered on every match.

This could for example be made in the form of a checkbox in plugin option that specifies if duplicates should be ignored or not..
        Hi again.

To clarify my need a little more, the usage of your plugin is for me aimed at getting the Ati Wonder / Medion X10 -remotes to work exactly like an ordinary remote for all of the usages of Homeseer in terms of response time and so on. Today there is a limitation in the usage as the RFXLAN automatically ignores duplicate packages (This is not possible to change). Even though the packages are ignored, every recieved signal is listed in debug-log.

Now.. The way these remotes act, is that they send a continous stream om the exact same signals, and this way, holding one button for example for changing volume is viewed as a series of duplicate packages, and the same happens if you press a specific button faster then once every 500 ms or so..

If the remote is used for channel surfing/media center menu navigation, this becomes a painful process with two pushes per second.

As you can see, a feature like allowing every log entry to trigger event would solve this problem completely.

Definately large potential usefullness for many people that use Homeseer and RFXCOM

Comment

I added an option to disable the HomeSeer trigger loop protection. Please download UltraLog HSPI version 1.2.4642.17680 and change the "Trigger Loop Protection" to No in the options.

I almost called it "Allow me to shoot myself in the foot" option

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X