Can't connect to MySQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to MySQL

I have installed MYSQL 5.6.14 on the same system as HomeSeer HS2.
    1. I was able to install and operate UltraLog HSPI using the SQLite database.
    2. It seems that any documentation that I can find in your threads applies to a previous version of MySQL and must be "interpreted".
    3. I used the MYSQL Workbench to migrate the SQLite database to a SCHEMA in MYSQL. This appeared to complete without errors
    4. I then in HSPI Ultralog options I made the following changes
      • Type: MySQL
      • Provider: I have tried both OracleClient Data Provider and SqlClient Data Provider with the same results
      • Connection String: Server=localhost; database=ultralog;Uid=Homeseer;Pwd= xxxx;
    5. when Homeseer starts I get this error message:
      • Database initialization failed using [Server=localhost;Database=ultralog;Uid=HomeSeer;Pwd=HomeSeer ;]. Unable to accept HomeSeer events into database
    6. a short time later or if I manually try to Open the connection I get this error message:
      • An unexpected error occured in the OpenDBConn() function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'database'. at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtab le parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionFactory.CreateConne ctionOptions(String connectionOptions, DbConnectionOptions previous) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPo olGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.ConnectionString_S et(String value) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.set_ConnectionStri ng(String value) at HSPI_ULTRALOG.Database.OpenDBConn(String strDbProviderFactory, String strConnectionString)]
    7. I have verified that the userID and PW work and have the proper privileges. I am running out of ideas to test. Any help is appreciated. thanks
Working...
X