Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLog3 won't start

Hi Randy,

I'm having an issue where UL3 won't start anymore. I upgraded to HS3 .152 last weekend and the first time the plugin did not start, but I started it manually after and it was fine. I was working on some other things today that required a HS restart and I had the same issue. However, when I try to manually start the plugin now, it won't restart. I started it from the command line and this is what it shows me:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3>hspi_ultralog3
    UltraLog3 HSPI starting...
    Connecting to HomeSeer server at 127.0.0.1, attempt 1...
    Connection to HomeSeer at 127.0.0.1, attempt 1 succeeded.
    Entered InitIO() function.
    Entered Version() function.
    UltraLog3 version 3.0.5468.35007 initializing...
    It's been sitting that way for a while now (10+ minutes) and in the HS log I get the following:

Code:
    Initializing plug-in(2): UltraLog3 Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    Any ideas? Anything I can do to troubleshoot this further? The debug log doesn't show any additional info. Can I turn on additional debug logging by modifying the ini file since I can't do it through the plugin interface?

This what my current ini looks like:

Code:
    [Settings]
    Version=3.0.5468.35007
    [Syslog]
    StartListen=1
    Severity=5
    Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Hello Al, please go to the \HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultralog3 directory, then restart HomeSeer. Once HomeSeer starts, see if there is any activity in that directory.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Randy,

Yes, there's activity there initially. The timestamps change on the db3 files and journal files were being created for the ultralog3.db3 file. However, since then the time stamp on ultralog3.db3 file hasn't changed in over 25 minutes. The syslog db3 file still seems to be updating though. On the HS3 Manage Plugins page, the plugin shows:

Code:
      WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UltraLog3 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
      rather than "OK" and if I try to access the UltraLog3 plugin page, I just get a blank page and the following entry in the HS3 log:

Code:
      Getting web page from plugin page UltraLog3:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Thanks
      Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Hi Randy,

Yes, there's activity there initially. The timestamps change on the db3 files and journal files were being created for the ultralog3.db3 file. However, since then the time stamp on ultralog3.db3 file hasn't changed in over 25 minutes. The syslog db3 file still seems to be updating though. On the HS3 Manage Plugins page, the plugin shows:

Code:
        WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UltraLog3 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
        rather than "OK" and if I try to access the UltraLog3 plugin page, I just get a blank page and the following entry in the HS3 log:

Code:
        Getting web page from plugin page UltraLog3:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Thanks
        Al
        I am wondering if the main db may be corrupt. Can you shutdown HomeSeer, then rename the primary database file, then restart HomeSeer to see if that helps?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

What are the sizes of both of the database files?

Comment

The HS log one is about 28 MB and the syslog one is about 240 MB.

I'll rename both and see how it goes.

Thanks
            Al

Comment

I have been running UltraLog3 since forever and only have a 25MB file. I believe what's happening is the database vacuum is taking to long for the 240MB database and the plug-in doesn't finish initializing in time, so HomeSeer gives up. I don't know how long HomeSeer waits for a plug-in to initialize as that part isn't documented by HomeSeer. I'll send Rich and e-mail asking that question.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Hi Randy,

Renaming them resolved the issue. I'll take a look at both files with some sqlite tools to see if I see something wrong. Do you think the syslog one got too big for the plugin to handle? If so, I'll see if I can reduce the volume of entries going to it.

Thanks
                Al

EDIT: I didn't see your latest post until after I posted this. I'll take a look with sqlite at the syslog file to see what entries are going into it. It seems to have way less inserts going into than the other log, so not sure why it would be so much bigger.

Comment

Older versions of the plug-in had both the log and syslog tables in one database. If you see the syslog table in the ultralog3.db3, then dropping that table and running a vacuum may help.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                  X