UltraLog for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLog for HS3

I'm upgrading from HS2 to HS3 but would like to retain the facility of monitoring any generated x10 signals whether the device is registered with Homeseer or not. This includes any signals generated by hand held remotes.
    I was told that UltraLog is the best route so I've downloaded a trial version.

I'd like to ask a few questions.
    1 ) Upon installation I believe that 2 items were added to my HS3 device list:
    UltrLog3 Plug-in and SysLog Logger. What should the fields "Floor" and "Room" contain for these 2 entries.

2) I have a motion sensor in one of the rooms. If I actually switch it to "ON" through the device manager in Homeseer I get the message "Device: Ground Hallway Motion Sensor 2 to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler" which seems perfectly fine.

However if I stand in front of the sensor and I can see that it's been activated, the motion is not registered in the log and nor are any x10 signals which are generated from hand held remotes.

Is there a step I the installation process that I've missed.

Thank you

1.) You can have floor and room set to anything you wish. It won't effect the performance of UltraLog in any way.

2.) If the data isn't sent to the HS3 log UltraLog won't be able to get at it. UltraLog doesn't expose any new and different data. It just allows you to do things with the existing data. Such as trigger events based on certain things appearing in the log. I don't use X10 so I can't really help but you might want to try raising the log level for the X10 plugin.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
      At first glance it seems that UltraLog is not going to achieve my aim because HS3 is currently not logging any X10 signals. Don't know why they did that...it wasn't the case in HS2

You suggested that I try raising the log level for the X10 plugin. Do you definitely know that that's feasible?

Thanks

Comment

I don't know if you can change the log level for the X10 plugin, but I do know that many other plugins allow this. As I recall Rupp said in your thread preceding this one that the HS3 version of the X10 plugin logs less stuff. I simply don't know and hopefully another X10 user will chime in here.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by isy.taman View Post
          Thanks for the quick response.

At first glance it seems that UltraLog is not going to achieve my aim because HS3 is currently not logging any X10 signals. Don't know why they did that...it wasn't the case in HS2

Try this thread
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169716
          Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
            X