Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can UltraLog write the log entry to an email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can UltraLog write the log entry to an email?

Hi,

I just installed your UltraLog module for HomeSeer, and I see how to make it send me an email when a log entry has "Warning" or "Error" in it. Is there a way to have it include the actual error/warning text that triggered the event into the body of the email itself? Is there a new replacement variable or something that can be used for this? I want to get an email and see what line of text was written to the log that has an error/warning in it. Perhaps it can even just send the "top 5 lines of the log" when it sends the email?

Thank you!

Mike Levin

See screenshot for a simple example.
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Excellent. So what do these variables contain - the last log message, or the last *error* log message? I just tried it out, and they seem to contain the last error (I ran an event that emailed me the variables' contents and I saw an error from sometime yesterday). Is that correct? Would they contain a warning also, if that had been the last thing?

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
        Excellent. So what do these variables contain - the last log message, or the last *error* log message? I just tried it out, and they seem to contain the last error (I ran an event that emailed me the variables' contents and I saw an error from sometime yesterday). Is that correct? Would they contain a warning also, if that had been the last thing?
        Yes, that is correct.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X