Question about how Ultra_View2_Status works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about how Ultra_View2_Status works

I have stretched my brain alot over the last couple of days trying to learn and understand XML, XSL and Data islands. I have a couple of questions. How does the ultra_view2_status.asp find the various files like ultra_view2_status_security.xsl and load them into the 'div' areas? Is it through the include files that define what file to load when they see the divSecurity? I have bungled it with Tom Kerns setup instruction help, but I would also like to add more links. Couldnt this be made into an xml file too?

(I had to use {} around the words because the greaterthan and lessthan were stipped out by the board software here.)

{links}
    {table}
    {linkname}Speak{/linkname}
    {linkurl}speakit.asp{/linkurl}
    {/table}
    {/links}

Then the status page would get all the associated links and put as many of the up as you want in addition to the ones that are already there? My problem is that I dont know how to tell the status.asp page how to find the associated xml file that would contain this.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by sdanks; December 3, 2004, 04:03 PM.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

sdanks - The div's are defined within the ultra_view2_status.txt file so if you want to add more sections like network, curtains etc.... you need to define the corresponding div in here.

Half way down this file look for the following code, just amend the div name and the location of its associated .xsl file.

Code:
     set objDivElement = document.all.divSecurity 
     Call LoadDiv("ultra_view2_status_security.xsl", objDivElement)
    The ultra_view2_status.asp calls this file to define the div's. (amounst other things)
    I think that answers your first question but not sure what you are asking with your second.
    Lance

Comment

I have been working with it alot lately, and I think what I needed to know was that there were some other definitions in the ultra_view2_status.txt file. Evidently, it needs to be defined there if you change to a different file like adding ultra_view2_status_weather.xsl. I am now working on a way to draw links and urls out of the mysql database with a security level, and populate the links part with these. I'm still a long way from it though. I have been looking at xml, xsl, data islands, and asp with mysql all working togehter. I'll let you know how it goes.
      A computer's attention span is as long
      as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
      X