Ultaview2 - Loading devices forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultaview2 - Loading devices forever?

I've got Ultraview loaded, and then choose my image files. At which point I click Load. It then comes back and says "Found 42 devices, now converting to XML." I click OK.

Up in the upper left hand corner it says "Loading Homeseer Devices. Please wait".... and so I wait, and wait. I even let it wait overnight - no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

In the Device Image Placement section on the Z axis it has First Floor listed, but both that section as well as the lower device selection section are greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Any thoughts?

Comment

When using the configuration tool, what is the version number dispayed in the upper left corner?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Once HomeSeer 2.0 comes out, I plan on a complete re-write to eliminate the common issues users experience when attempting to bring up Ultra View the first time.

Try this version of the config tool. Does it look different than the one your using?
          Attached Files
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This one does indeed look different. The configuration panel is on the left hand side - the other version I had was on the right hand side.

That said - this one does load all the devices and give me a confirmation message. I think I'm all set.

Thanks!

Comment

Same problem different solution

Hi there -- had the same problem, but noticed a javascript error indicator in the lower left hand side of my browser window. When I checked the detail it inidcated a variable had not been declared. Edited ultra_view2_config.htm to add the following text "Public bDebug" to declare the variable ... script now completes fine (Lines 166 + from the file are below)
              Code:
              Option Explicit
              '
              ' Public variables
              '
              Public strHSDir
              Public bLoaded
              Public bDebug
              Public arrDevices()
              '
              ' Constants used for FileSystemObject
              '
              Const OpenFileForReading = 1 
              Const OpenFileForWriting = 2 
              Const OpenFileForAppending = 8 
              '
              ' Debug constant
              '
              bDebug = False

--------------------------------------------------------
              Now I am off to resolve the next challenge -- I think one of my devices must have an invalid character in it -- it's causing the ultra_view2.asp file to fail while parsing XML data.  Gives the following error 

"An error occured hile parsing the XML data:
              Line no.:  298
              Character: 27
              Source Text: <STRING><![CDATA[<small>76
              Description:  An invalid character was found in the text content.

--------------------------------------------------------
              Hats off to UltraJones for these amazing utilities -- it took me a while to figure out what to do, but well worth the time and effort. Homeseer has never looked better.
              Last edited by Ultrajones; August 9, 2005, 03:46 PM. Reason: Added [code] tags around html causing display problems.

Comment

Anyone find a quick fix for this one? I want to go to HS 2.0 but it's mainly a backend to Ultra View2. Ultra View2 is the heart of my system (thanks Ultrajones!)

Comment

I plan on getting something released in about 2 weeks. The server side code will all be .NET and the client side code should work with one small change (e.g. instead of point to ultra_view2_xml.vbs, it will point to some other URL.)

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Dang.. I've modified the you-know-what out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones
                      I plan on getting something released in about 2 weeks. The server side code will all be .NET and the client side code should work with one small change (e.g. instead of point to ultra_view2_xml.vbs, it will point to some other URL.)

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Did you ever figure out why ultra_view2_xml.vbs quit working before you started the re-write?

Comment

No idea... It took a *major* re-write to get it working again.

Comment

Old Ultra_View2 question

Originally posted by Ultrajones
                          No idea... It took a *major* re-write to get it working again.
                          Yeah.. once I started messing with that, I realized why you decided to do the complete rewrite. It certainly doesn't give any idea what is wrong.. it simply doesn't work.

Just curious, why is there a GetDeviceData function declared in both ultra_view2_common.txt and ultra_view2_xml.inc? Doesn't that create a conflict, or am I just showing my ignorance (I'm mainly a C/Perl/KSH person, I just like dabbling in other languages)? I know that this is a dead horse, so don't let me distract you from your rewrite to answer if you don't have the time.

Keep up the excellent work.. you are appreciated!

Thanks,
                          Rog

Comment

Working...
                          X